The Linux Foundation Overview
The Linux Foundation is creating the greatest shared technology investment in history by enabling open source collaboration across companies, developers, and users. We are the organization of choice to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption.
The Linux Foundation is looking for a program manager to guide and support the growth and success of open source projects through strategic analysis and project management. Your role is of an individual contributor that will serve as an operations expert with strong business judgement skills and partner heavily with internal and external organizations.
The Program Manager responsibilities will spread across strategic, operational, and tactical areas:
- Synthesize common themes from the Governing Board, the Technical Steering Committee, other committees as necessitated by the project, and Membership, translating to an operational, results-driven plan ensuring forward momentum
- Strategic partner to the Project Executive Directors and other Project Leadership
- Prioritize/escalate operational and team needs (or concerns) to Exec/Governing Board level, or Linux Foundation as necessary
- Advise on open source and Linux Foundation best practices
- Directly facilitate forward momentum of Governing Board towards overall Project vision, including managing discussions/expectations with individual Governing Board Members
- Be the Glue -- center of activity, ensuring forward, timely momentum towards strategic plan, increasing cross-functional collaboration, and monitoring/optimizing staffing/services mix
- Be the Generalist -- ability to pinch hit on launching new initiatives during scale-out (or performing a wide range of functions due to temporary or permanent gaps), do what it takes to move the project forward
- Be the Operational interface between the Project, the broader Linux Foundation, and Membership
- Back-end operations: CRM, invoice approvals, work with Legal on contracts, accounts assistance, etc.
- Drive annual financial planning process, perform ongoing monitoring, and complete monthly audit in tandem with Finance
- 3-5 years proven experience in similar roles, focusing on aligning external and internal organizations and stakeholders
- Very strong project management skills
- The ability to work collaboratively across functions such as Marketing, Public Relations, Legal, Finance, etc
- The ability to communicate clearly in verbal, written, and presentation style formats
- The ability to work globally
- Experience working with a global, remote teams
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management software
- Experience with technical projects, either as an engineer, a project manager, in the community or otherwise a plus
- Direct experience with Open Source Software and communities
This role will likely require air travel throughout the year.
The Linux Foundation is a largely all-remote workforce that hires top-notch talent. We are as passionate about providing a flexible and supportive work culture as we are in helping Open Source Software communities. Collaboration is in our DNA, and we pride ourselves on being able to work closely together while not being tied to an office. We offer exceptional exceptional healthcare plans and other benefits.
The Linux Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top