As a Program Manager for our open source projects, you will:
- Support the governing and steering committees by planning and scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, running meetings and capturing minutes.
- Work closely with a project’s governing and steering committees to help form a strategy with clear objectives.Creating invoices and work with each member organization’s accounting teams as needed to ensure payment is received
- Communicate the project’s strategy with the Linux Foundation’s PR, Marketing, IT and Legal teams and work with them to plan and deliver in a timely manner.
- Measure progress towards meeting a project’s objectives.
- Make recommendations on how to improve the project’s performance based on best practices.
- Identify opportunities for cross-project collaboration with other Linux Foundation projects.
- Work with the project’s governing board and the finance team to maintain the budget.
- Manage relationships with each member to ensure their renewal to the project.
- Support the project at conferences and events by driving member involvement.
As an ideal candidate you:
- Have strong project management skills and have the ability to work globally and cross-functionally.
- Are able to establish and maintain strong alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Are a proactive communicator and have strong presentation skills.
- Have experience effectively working with remote teams.
- Are able to travel, including internationally, a few times a year in order to attend face-to-face governing board meetings and events if necessary.
- Are attuned to cultural nuances with international communities.
- Are experienced with open source development and communities.
- Experience with or ability to learn Salesforce CRM
See Inside the Office of The Linux Foundation
Together with the worldwide open-source community, The Linux Foundation aims to solve the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. By partnering with the world’s leading developers and companies and providing the necessary tools, training, and events to scale any open source project, the nonprofit's services help create vibrant ecosystems to support the long-term growth of numerous open source projects.
Back to top