Event Programming Coordinator
- Work with the Event Content team to launch Call for Proposals for each event (20+ events/year).
- Handle inquiries related to speaking at an event; including questions on how to submit to the CFP, manual entry of submissions in the CFP system, scheduling questions, etc.
- Assist with the management of event agendas, event speaker waitlists, speaker cancellations, and session changes and updates.
- Send speaker notification emails.
- Proofread all accepted and waitlisted submissions for spelling, editing and format errors.
- Build out schedules in our online scheduling tool with meticulous detail.
- Collect photos, slides, bios and abstracts as needed, from speakers.
- Work onsite at events as point of contact with breakout session speakers and/or sponsors
- Assist the sponsorship deliverables team in proofing sponsor guides and communications, updating website and answering sponsor questions. Help correspond with new sponsors and communicate their event deliverables.
Required Skills & Experience
- Excellent editing & proofing skills.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills; politically savvy and ability to interact with a wide range of clients.
- Amiable and service-oriented communication style. Exhibits professionalism in all forms of communication; email, phone and in person.
- Highly organized with extreme attention to detail.
- Extremely adept at communication in a remote environment.
- Able to work both independently and participate as a team player for achieving departmental and company goals.
- Ability to effectively deliver in a fast–paced environment; ability to manage tasks, time and schedule with limited supervision competently handling demanding deadlines. nimble approach, adaptable to change in a fast paced environment.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office. Experience with CRMs, registration systems, conference scheduling systems etc a plus. Previous experience editing websites preferred.
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
See Inside the Office of The Linux Foundation
Together with the worldwide open-source community, The Linux Foundation aims to solve the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. By partnering with the world’s leading developers and companies and providing the necessary tools, training, and events to scale any open source project, the nonprofit's services help create vibrant ecosystems to support the long-term growth of numerous open source projects.
Back to top