Director of Marketing
Partner with the CNCF Executive Director, Marketing Committee, Communications and Marketing team to develop a comprehensive, full-lifecycle marketing strategy and associated plan. To include:
- Understanding and maintaining audience personas to support the development and creation of relevant technical content, including user stories, tutorials, case studies, webinars, whitepapers, monthly newsletters, and presentations.
- Maintaining, updating and improving the CNCF website.
- Understanding developer marketing and have experience communicating with developers through various channels and events.
- Understanding and developing strategies for community marketing
- Collaborating in the creation of messaging for business and technical audiences for the project.
- Defining the right blend of top, middle and end of funnel activities to drive membership and community growth. Ensure metrics are tracked and reported.
- Working with the CNCF marketing and communications team to ensure flawless execution of all activities.
- Identifying resource gaps and filling them through smart use of freelancers and internal staff.
- Co-leading the work of the CNCF marketing committee and increasing member engagement by building trust-based relationships.
- Mentor and develop junior marketing staff
- Manage the CNCF marketing committee, including scheduling meetings, preparing agendas and recording minutes.
- 10 years of marketing experience in technical environments.
- Knowledge of cloud and infrastructure technology. Container-specific knowledge a plus.
- Experience working with and energizing external communities on complex technical topics.
- Proven campaign success promoting and supporting products that have software developers as a customer.
- Ability to engage and positively influence multiple internal teams in an agency-style, service-oriented environment.
- Ability to produce well-written and meaningful assets with minimal editing.
- Excellent communicator.
- Natural multitasker.
- Great collaborator.
- Willing to shift schedules to accommodate the challenges presented by working with colleagues and members across several time zones.
- Able to travel, including internationally, several times a year to attend events.
- Located in the Bay Area.
- Experience working with open source projects and communities.
See Inside the Office of The Linux Foundation
Together with the worldwide open-source community, The Linux Foundation aims to solve the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. By partnering with the world’s leading developers and companies and providing the necessary tools, training, and events to scale any open source project, the nonprofit's services help create vibrant ecosystems to support the long-term growth of numerous open source projects.
Back to top