Director of Information Technology
As the Director for IT you will:
- Develop, establish, and implement IT policies and systems supporting organizational strategies set by upper management ensuring efficient quality services
- Improve IT service offerings utilizing customer feedback
- Revamp, develop, and communicate market competitive IT service pricing models, and associated catalogs
- Develop and manage financial budgets for senior executives that align with overall Foundation objectives
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (IT, Engineering, Programs) to solve business and open source project challenges
- Supervise and manage multiple disciplines (Systems Administration, Release Engineering, and internal IT) ensuring organizational effectiveness and agility in decision making and execution
- Oversee all technology operations, and access, and evaluate them according to defined goals.
- Analyze business requirements for The Linux Foundation open source projects, and internal departments to define and implement scalable technology
- Recommend new systems and software to senior executives based on customer needs, research and evolving technology innovations.
As an ideal candidate you:
- Understand operational workflows, identify and define tools required to enable operational scaling, and drive continuous development and deployment of tools with IT and/or Engineering
- Are experienced with data centers and up-to-date on cloud services from top providers
- Understand customer experience level required to successfully deliver IT as a Service
- Have a background in networking and understand requirements for when to recommend either a virtual or bare metal test lab
- Have excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Have effectively managed remote teams
- Have experience with open source projects and communities
- A team player with a positive attitude; excellent oral and written business communication and people skills
See Inside the Office of The Linux Foundation
Together with the worldwide open-source community, The Linux Foundation aims to solve the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. By partnering with the world’s leading developers and companies and providing the necessary tools, training, and events to scale any open source project, the nonprofit's services help create vibrant ecosystems to support the long-term growth of numerous open source projects.
Back to top