The Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) is seeking a developer advocate to help grow and support the global CNCF community of open source projects. As of today, the CNCF community consists of 10+ open source projects and 100+ member companies that share the mission in making cloud native computing ubiquitous across the world. CNCF is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic community committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from underrepresented minorities and women.
Ideally, you have experience in embracing cloud native application development and operations. Most importantly, you have empathy for developers going through their journey to cloud native and are here to help them. Also, you like to travel, enjoy speaking at events, developing presentations, demos and teaching people.
You value the power of a diverse human network to sustain and grow technology communities, and you foster building connections between people. You look at a long-term, healthy global community of developers and others as a meaningful legacy which you are profoundly motivated to build.
If you take on this role, you will be a key member of the CNCF/LF staff working closely with project community members along with CNCF technical and marketing teams. You will help identify, cultivate and promote work being built by the community. You will also play a key role in gathering and sharing the needs of the broader user community with CNCF staff and members.
- Technical skills: You are hands-on with CNCF and cloud native technologies
- Speaking skills: You have experience giving presentations and love crafting presentations for a specific audience, from developers to the C suite.
- Advocacy skills: You can act as a champion for the needs of CNCF projects
- Writing skills: You have written articles, case studies, books and blog posts showcasing your technical acumen
- Social skills: You love getting out and connecting with people about technology.
- Willing to shift schedules to accommodate the challenges presented by working with colleagues and members across the globe!
- Able to travel, including internationally, several times a year to attend events.
- You have 3+ years of experience in open source engineering, developer advocacy, product management or sales engineering
- Experience working with open source projects and communities.
- You are an open source pragmatist at heart!
The Linux Foundation Overview
The Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) is part of the Linux Foundation.
The Linux Foundation is creating the greatest shared technology investment in history by enabling open source collaboration across companies, developers, and users. We are the organization of choice to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption.
The Linux Foundation is a largely all-remote workforce that hires top-notch talent. We are as passionate of providing a flexible and supportive work culture as we are in open source software. Collaboration is in our DNA, and we pride ourselves on being able to work closely together while not being tied to an office. We offer outstanding benefits, including fantastic health care, unlimited PTO, 100% 401k match (up to $18,000), profit-sharing and exceptional healthcare plans.
The Linux Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.