The Cloud Foundry Foundation is seeking a community manager to help grow and support the global Cloud Foundry community.
Your experience has led you to embrace cloud-native application architecture and operations practices. You seek to understand the wants, needs, and desires of developers and operations teams, and have empathy for their context as you’ve worked inside IT at global enterprises. You have seen how difficult it is to change behavior at scale from monoliths and waterfalls to cloud-native and agile is hard, and you want to give the right cognitive tools to everyone who is driving this kind of change.
You love travel and enjoy speaking at events and meetups, demonstrating software, and teaching people your skills. In your experience there are few things as satisfying as seeing people “get it” when they are sharing their ideas and experiences about technology to solve problems.
You have written production code and lived with the results long after it shipped. You know in your bones that engineers who carry pagers write better code. You’ve had responsibility for building and managing production systems and empathize with IT ops professionals.
Finally, you value the power of a diverse human network to sustain and grow technology communities, and you help build lasting connections between people. You look at a long-term, healthy global community of devs, ops and others as a meaningful legacy which you are profoundly motivated to build. You believe that diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, and life experience are all dimensions of a powerful community and will work to create strength through harmony.
If you take on this role, you will be a key member of the Cloud Foundry Foundation staff, working closely with members of the technical and marketing teams. You will help identify, nurture and promote innovative projects being built by the community to extend or enhance the core platform in innovative ways. You will also play a key role in gathering and sharing the needs of the broader user community with Cloud Foundry product managers and engineers.
- Technical skills: You are hands-on with current development technologies across different platforms.
- Written communications skills are essential to serve in this role. You have a portfolio of blog posts and other written work that showcases your writing skills.
- Social skills: You enjoy getting out and connecting with people about technology.
- Public speaking ability for technical audiences: you develop and deliver presentations that are effective and respectful of an audience's time and attention.
- Willingness to travel to where our communities live. You are productive and professional on the road/inside and outside business settings.
- Ability to work irregular hours and occasional weekends to support meetups, conferences, user groups, and other events.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction is critical.
- You have 3+ years of experience in product marketing, product management, sales engineering, or technical evangelism for PaaS and/or IaaS platforms.
- In your current or past life, you were a Software Engineering or DevOps professional.
- You have a history of solving hard problems while remaining optimistic.
The Linux Foundation Overview
The Cloud Foundry Foundation’s operations are staffed by the Linux Foundation.
The Linux Foundation is creating the greatest shared technology investment in history by enabling open source collaboration across companies, developers, and users. We are the organization of choice to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption.
The Linux Foundation is a largely all-remote workforce that hires top-notch talent. We are as passionate of providing a flexible and supportive work culture as we are in Open Source Software. Collaboration is in our DNA, and we pride ourselves on being able to work closely together while not being tied to an office. We offer exceptional benefits - e.g., Fantastic (and 100% paid for) healthcare, Unlimited PTO, 12 weeks of Parental leave, 100% 401k match up to $18k, profit-sharing.
The Linux Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.