CDF Director OF Ecosystem
CD.Foundation Director of Ecosystem Job Description
The Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF), part of the Linux Foundation (LF), is hiring a Director of Ecosystem to join our team. In this role, the candidate is responsible for building and increasing satisfaction and engagement of CDF’s member ecosystem, through development and implementation of programs and relationships that increase overall member value.
The Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF) serves as the vendor-neutral home of many of the fastest-growing projects for continuous delivery, including Jenkins, Jenkins X, Spinnaker, and Tekton. CDF supports DevOps practitioners with an open model, training, industry guidelines, and a portability focus.
The ideal candidate will focus on CDF’s membership through engagement and outreach. They will be able to effectively advocate for CDF members, and the End User Community. They will be creative about balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders and constituents and have a passion for improving the member experience.
This position is remote and may be located anywhere in the U.S.
Additional responsibilities include:
● Developing and executing an overall member engagement strategy for CDF to drive growth and membership value
● Improving and measuring success of current membership programs
● Working with teams spanning the entire foundation, including Marketing, Public Relations, Operations, Sales, and Events.
● Articulating business issues, advising members on the latest industry trends in cloud native computing, recommending CDF or other open source products, services, and solutions that solve the business problems
● Proven ability to articulate the value of open source capabilities and benefits
● Demonstrated ability to actively listen and determine customer needs
● Exhibited interpersonal and verbal communication skills
You will be accountable for the following:
● Timely follow up
● Expand usage of existing members to generate incremental new revenue.
● Target and achieve results, set challenging goals, prioritize tasks, overcome obstacles, accept accountability.
Who you are:
● Be able to adapt to change, open to new ideas, willing to take initiative, and adjust plans to meet changing needs.
● Be straightforward and honest with others, accountable for actions, support our company values, and maintains confidentiality.
● Tackle problems and takes independent action, seek out new responsibilities, act on opportunities, generate new ideas, and practice self-development.
● Communicate well both verbally and in writing, create accurate and punctual reports, deliver presentations, share information and ideas with others, have good listening skills.
● Operate within the organization’s formal and informal structures, build allies and relationships across departments, use allies to build consensus and create results, be appropriately diplomatic, understand others’ roles and perspectives, and be able to sell projects and ideas across the organization.
● Enjoy spending time understanding the market and technology shifts, understanding member problems, synthesizing member needs and nurturing strong relationships.
You will have:
● Ability to demonstrate efficient and advanced computer skills with standard office tools, e.g. Google Docs.
● Knowledge of cloud native ecosystem and trends
● Excellent interpersonal skills, proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility with customers, prospects, and the management team are a must
● Experience with or ability to learn Salesforce CRM.
● Knowledge of common internet media files, e.g. Adobe PDF, photos, and videos.
● Knowledge of standard B2B information research tools, e.g. LinkedIn
● Experience in sales
● A great attitude
● This is a part-time, contract to perm role
● 100% remote work
Back to top