Sr. PHP Developer
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide is seeking a Senior PHP Developer to join our team. Someone who considers solid test coverage to be a critical part of the development process. A Developer who is an advocate for Agile processes and a strong believer in the importance of Agile when producing high-quality software. You understand the importance of automated tests and the role of unit tests for maintainable code. You are able to set milestones and exercise independent judgment to complete projects on time and to specifications. You have strong communication skills, and the ability to explain problems to technical and non-technical folks alike. A love for sharing knowledge and a desire to learn from others. A passion for self-improvement. You constantly strive to expand your technical skill set and to improve the quality of your code. You enjoy finding new ways to produce great code at a blazing pace.
- Serve as a senior engineer for the Austin TKWW team
- Manage, maintain, and upgrade Magento platform
- Produce well-tested, maintainable code on the back-end and front-end that can stand up to 100,000 requests per day
- Collaborate in the Agile development process to help architect, build, and ship new products and features
- Be an advocate for coding best practices on the team, and stay up-to-date on new technologies and industry standards
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations to other engineers on the team, and act as a mentor to more junior teammates
- Engage with the tech organization beyond our team by participating in company-wide decisions on architecture, data, and process patterns
- Partner with Product to maintain the right balance between feature and technical work
SUCCESSFUL SENIOR PHP DEVELOPER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Minimum 4 years experience as a software engineer building beautiful, scalable, and highly visible web applications
- Minimum 1 year experience with Magento
- In-depth understanding of server configuration, optimization, caching, and scaling techniques
- Experience in one or more of the following technologies a bonus: Node, Ruby on Rails, React/Redux/ES6/Webpack, Postgres, Mongo.
- Experience working with Cloud infrastructure platforms (experience with AWS a plus!)
- Experience implementing, consuming, and optimizing APIs.
- A track record of delivering creative solutions to complex architectural problems
- Familiarity with testing frameworks on the back-end and front-end
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you’ve read the California Privacy Notice.
Back to top