- Austin, TX
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND THE TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide is seeking a full-stack engineer to join The Knot Registry team.
The Knot is the nation’s leading wedding marketplace, providing our couples with a personalized experience that guides them through the entire wedding planning journey. The Registry team develops tools for couples to register for gifts, for their guests to buy them, and the back-end systems to make it all happen stress-free. We are focused on streamlining the process for our users and on finding new ways to surface inspiration and advice where couples need it most.
The apps you will be working on introduce couples to what a wedding registry is and what kinds of things they can register for, guide them through creating a personalized registry all their own, and help them track gifts all the way to their doorstep.
We have ambitious, experiment-driven milestones but we also have a commitment to quality and agility. New code at all levels of the stack is expected to be extensible, high performing, scalable, and secure. What you build will make the wedding registry process more enjoyable and less stressful for millions of users.
- Help develop The Knot’s suite of tools—front-end and back-end—for creating, managing, and contributing to wedding registries of all kinds.
- Produce well-tested, maintainable, and efficient code for highly available and performant systems.
- Be an advocate for quality and curious about technology. You should like exploring new ideas and sharing what you know about everything from architecture to process.
- Collaborate in an Agile development process to help conceive, make, and deliver new products and features. You should have an opinion on how to delight our users, and enjoy collaborating closely with engineering, product, and design.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years experience as a software engineer building beautiful, scalable, and highly visible web applications.
- Experience building new front-end features in React. Exposure to a range of front-end frameworks and libraries is a plus.
- Experience working on APIs in a modern stack. We primarily use Node, Postgres, and Elasticsearch. Strong experience with other languages and tools is fine as well.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and containers. We use AWS, Docker, and Kuberrnetes.
- Familiarity with testing frameworks on the back-end and front-end. You consider solid test coverage to be essential.
- A track record of delivering creative solutions to complex architectural problems.
- Comfort working in an agile process.
- An ability to explain problems to technical and non-technical folks alike. A love for sharing knowledge and a desire to learn from others.
- A passion for self-improvement. You constantly strive to expand your technical skill set and to improve the quality of your code.
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you’ve read the California Privacy Notice.
Back to top