Social Media Specialist
- Gurgaon, India
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
As a member of the WeddingWire.in Social Media team, the Social Media Specialist is responsible for the execution of WeddingWire.in’s consumer social media strategy. You will take care of the social media team’s daily management of WeddingWire.in social media accounts - Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest. The Social Media Executive will curate and schedule content, as well as monitor and analyze follower behavior and make recommendations on appropriate strategies to grow followers and engagement across WeddingWire.in’s channels. Key duties include shortlisting images from vendors’ social media accounts, developing content for posting, researching new channels, maintaining posting schedules.
- Interact (through phone, email, DMs) and build a good rapport with our vendor community (specially photographers and makeup artists) to source image and video content
- Evangelize WeddingWire.in among social media communities to engage with couples planning their weddings
- Create original content that builds meaningful connections and encourages follower engagement
- Engage with followers on a daily basis, participating in conversations that surround our content and brand
- Collaborate with the reporting manager on new campaign initiatives and exchange best practices
- Build WeddingWire.in’s awareness across all social media networks
- Collect, aggregate, and analyze data to extract insights and communicate the risk, impact, and opportunities to members of the marketing team and beyond
- Manage and execute the annual social media calendar
- Constantly test new ideas and engage with our followers across all platforms
SUCCESSFUL SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Minimum 1 year of social media experience
- Demonstrated success with managing social media channels Facebook, Instagram
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of all social media platforms. This includes knowing what type of content works best on what platform, optimizing content accordingly, as well as understanding the different nuances of each platform.
- Visual intelligence: Must have a “good eye” and identify visual content that will resonate with WeddingWire.in’s followers.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Web savvy and enjoys keeping up with new content-sharing technologies online
- Strong creative writing and communications skills
- Strong commitment to timelines, accuracy, and professionalism
- Proven ability to deliver results driving follower growth and engagement growth
- Excellent writing skills, copy/editing skills
- Understanding of videography, photography (editing on Photoshop, Canva, Over etc.) (desired, not mandatory)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, PR, or Communications with a strong academic record (desired, not mandatory)
- Demonstrated success with managing social media channels - Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube (desired, not mandatory)
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Back to top