Senior Software Engineer
- Norwalk, CT
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
Join the teams that creates The Bash, the marketplace for every event, providing party planners and hosts with an online tool to find entertainment and event services of all kinds. We’ve helped facilitate over 275,000 bookings and have over 70,000 event vendors, ranging from musicians and photographers to impersonators and magicians. The Bash empowers people to make a living doing what they love, and we take pride in being able to do so.
- Leverage skills and experience to implement product features that are well architected, tested, and understandable
- Actively participate in the ideation and execution of product roadmap and Agile planning
- Promote best practices surrounding TDD, continuous integration, code standards, etc.
- Provide mentorship to junior members of the team
SUCCESSFUL SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 5+ years overall engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience using React
- Experience working in an Agile, TDD environment
- Experience with production Node.js solutions
- Experience with Hapi.js and/or Next.js is a plus
- Familiarity with modern infrastructure technologies such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Pair programming experience is a plus
- Experience with ASP.NET Web API a plus
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You dream big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You love our users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You respect all voices. Inclusion strengthens us and powers your decisions.
- You hustle every day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You win together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you’ve read the California Privacy Notice.
Back to top