Senior Software Engineer
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER ROLE AND THE PLANNING TOOLS TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide is seeking a talented and driven full-stack engineer to join The Knot Planning Tools team.
The Knot is the nation’s leading wedding marketplace, providing our couples with a completely personalized experience that guides them through the entire wedding planning journey. The planning tools team develops our industry leading suite of planning tools, including the Checklist, Budgeter, Wedding Vision, Wedding Day Timeline, and Vendor Manager. We are focused on streamlining this suite of tools to meet couples where they are in their planning journey, and on finding new ways to surface wedding inspiration and advice where couples need it most.
The apps you will be working on greet new users on their dashboard and are integral to solving user pain points and business goals. We have ambitious, experiment-driven milestones but we also have a commitment to quality. New code at all levels of the stack is expected to be extensible, high performing, scalable, and secure. What you build will make the wedding planning process more enjoyable and less stressful for millions of users.
- Serve as a senior engineer on the Planning Tools team helping develop The Knot’s suite of tools that couples use to inspire, plan, book, and manage their wedding.
- Produce well-tested, maintainable code on the back-end and front-end that can stand up to 100,000 requests per day.
- Collaborate in the Agile development process to help architect, build, and ship new products and features.
- Be an advocate for coding best practices on the team, and stay up-to-date on new technologies and industry standards.
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations to other engineers on the team, and act as a mentor to more junior teammates.
- Engage with the tech organization beyond our team by participating in company-wide decisions on architecture, data, and process patterns.
- Partner with Product to maintain the right balance between feature and technical work.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 4 years experience as a software engineer building beautiful, scalable, and highly visible web applications.
- Experience working on the server-side in a modern application stack. We primarily use Node and Postgres, with some Ruby and Mongo. Strong experience with other languages or persistence layers is fine as well.
- Experience working with Cloud infrastructure platforms. Experience with AWS a plus.
- A track record of delivering creative solutions to complex architectural problems.
- Familiarity with testing frameworks on the back-end and front-end. You consider solid test coverage to be a critical part of the development process.
- Comfort working with Agile principles. You are an advocate for Agile processes and a strong believer in the importance of Agile when producing high-quality software.
- Excellent time management skills. You are able to set milestones and exercise independent judgment to complete projects on time and to specifications.
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to explain problems to technical and non-technical folks alike. A love for sharing knowledge and a desire to learn from others.
- A passion for self-improvement. You constantly strive to expand your technical skill set and to improve the quality of your code. You enjoy finding new ways to produce great code at a blazing pace.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Back to top