Senior Director, Local Marketplace
- New York, NY
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, The Bash, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE SENIOR DIRECTOR, US LOCAL MARKETPLACE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are hiring a senior director for our US Local Marketplace team which connects over 2 million engaged couples with +500,000 local wedding vendors (e.g. Venue, DJ, Florist, etc.) across the US each year. This position plays an essential role in solving complex problems across our two-sided marketplace in areas such as pricing, product strategy, go-to-market optimization, and analytics. This person needs to be a strong analytical thinker who is equally comfortable driving strategy as well as execution in a cross-functional environment in close coordination with stakeholders across sales, marketing, product, operations, and analytics.
- Responsible for leading and taking complete ownership key strategic initiatives related to marketplaces across all TKWW brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, etc)
- Identify problems & proactively come up with solutions rooted in data across all products & brands
- Support internal capability development around marketplace management and optimization
- Support the production and distribution of marketplace analytics including:
- Marketplace health KPIs
- Retention reporting & optimization
- Forecasting and scenario modeling
- ROI/impact analysis
- Identify new revenue opportunities and next-generation advertising products
SUCCESSFUL SENIOR DIRECTOR, LOCAL MARKETPLACE CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 5+ years experience in an analytical role (finance or consulting experience a plus)
- Post-graduate degree (e.g. MBA) preferred
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills with a knack for recognizing trends/patterns in large data sets
- Must be comfortable drawing key insights from data and communicating/presenting these findings to stakeholders and decision makers
- Must be able to identify and communicate effectively with teams across multiple functions
- SQL and/or Salesforce skills a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Birst, Mode, Tableau, chart.io, Qlik)
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to multitask, and keen to work in a collaborative environment
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you’ve read the California Privacy Notice.
Back to top