- Washington, DC
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, The Bash, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Senior Accountant will assist the accounting department primarily in the validation of accuracy and completeness in close process as well as implementation of process improvements . Further, this role will perform high project management of an entire group within the accounting team. The Senior Accountant will report directly to the Lead Accounting Manager.
- Assist with month-end closing, including preparing, reconciling and entering journal entries for complex accounting areas as well as reviewing staff workpapers for accuracy over general ledger accounts in areas such as accruals, sales commissions, AP, benefits, and more
- Enhancing workpapers to ensure efficiencies and accuracy
- Performance of analytic procedures to identify fluctuations occurring as well as assist in continuous proper evaluation of the Company’s operations
- Teaching team proper GAAP and accounting to assist in their growth and development
- Assist in managing the team to ensure adherence to deadlines for close and other related projects
- Assist the Accounting Manager in creating validation accurate and timely dissemination of financial reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements.
- Assist with financial audit preparation and responses for external audits
- Assist with the development, implementation, and monitoring adherence to company accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Document accounting policies and procedures
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Assist Accounting Manager with special ad hoc projects
SUCCESSFUL SENIOR ACCOUNTANT CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA certification preferred
- Must have 3+ years of public accounting experience
- Must be proficient with other computer based accounting software and MS Office products
- Ability to effectively extend knowledge and skills in a financial discipline.
- Ability to review, interpret, and explain financial data.
- Strong general accounting skills and thorough knowledge of US GAAP and proposed new accounting standards
- Working knowledge of Netsuite is a plus
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Respect All Voices. Inclusion strengthens us and powers your decisions.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you’ve read the California Privacy Notice.
Back to top