Learning & Development Specialist
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
WeddingWire India, a leading global platform connecting engaged couples with wedding and event professionals, is seeking a Specialist in Learning and Development (you!) to join our high-growth team to oversee sales, process and quality training. You would be responsible for developing the skills of our local sales and operations teams and setting them up for high performance. The Learning & Development Specialist will work alongside all process stakeholders to plan and execute programs to onboard, train and coach the local sales office.
- Oversee and execute the training and onboarding of new team members while maintaining library of existing training documents and creating new training materials
- Facilitate New Hire Orientation experience for new employees including but not limited to Company Overview and Product level details
- You coach team members individually and as part of a group to influence pitching/selling behavior and develop skills and growth, while also effectively diagnosing performance gaps and associated coaching plans
- Conduct daily role play and call shadowing sessions to coach team members through various teaching scenarios
- Develop reward programs to recognize high-performing top-talent and to encourage productivity among the team
- Maintain a deep understanding of the organization’s local and global strategic goals, feature and service offerings, positioning and processes and be able to clearly explain and train new team members
- Develop and nurture professional relationships with all levels of employees, while serving as a champion and representative of the company’s Core Values
- Host continued education opportunities that develop the technical skills and efficiencies of team members and resulting in higher retention of employees
SUCCESSFUL TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST CANDIDATES HAVE:
- A thorough understanding of the sales process and inside sales selling techniques and self-driven priority for customer service.
- Previous, demonstrated experience (4+ years) in Sales, one year minimum of which is in training, and additional experience in mentoring.
- A proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
- A strong business acumen, sound judgement, professional and personal integrity, a proactive nature coupled with flexibility and an analytical mind that craves the opportunity to problem solve.
- A builder, deeply motivated to impact positive change.
- Assertive, self-confident, results-oriented and known for exceeding performance goals.
- Excited by the fast pace, driven with high-energy and you thrive in variety.
- Attentive to details and take pride in thoughtful work.
- An organized and excellent project manager who enthusiastically gets things done.
- Self-motivated, managing your own time and use down time to be proactive.
- A multi-tasker, but prioritize tasks by urgency and importance.
- Comfortable collaborating with all levels of management.
- Always asking "what if?" and then like to use your resources to find the answers.
- A strong written and oral communicator.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
See Inside the Office of The Knot Worldwide
XO Group is a premier consumer Internet and media company devoted to weddings, pregnancy, and everything in-between. Its flagship brand, The Knot, guides couples through the wedding planning process, while its newlywed brands, The Nest and The Bump, provide inspiration for everyone’s post-wedding adventures. Through its trusted voice, mobile-first applications, and powerful media channels, XO Group empowers couples to navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments.
Back to top