Lead Software Engineer, Marketplace
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide is looking for a highly motivated software engineer with a passion for doing things right with meticulous detail. The individual's primary role will be to support and develop applications for our vendor marketplace. The candidate will be embedded in an Agile environment with a squad of product managers, designers, and a highly talented team of engineers all working to provide the best in class web experiences for our users. The person will be expected to have a strong understanding of both front and back end development, highly adaptable to new technologies / software development concepts, and loves to work within a collaborative team environment. Please check out https://www.theknot.com/marketplace to see what you would be working on!
- Leverage skills and experience to implement product features that are well architected, tested, and understandable.
- Actively participate in the ideation and execution of product roadmap, architecture discussions, and Agile planning.
- Promote best practices surrounding testing, continuous integration, code standards, etc.
- Provide mentorship to junior members of the team
SUCCESSFUL SOFTWARE ENGINEER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 3+ years overall engineering experience.
- 2+ years of experience using React.
- Experience working in an Agile, TDD environment.
- Experience with production Node.js solutions.
- Experience with AWS concepts and technology.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience with Elasticsearch is a plus
- Experience with Hapi.js is a plus.
- Pair programming experience is a plus.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is a plus.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Back to top