Head of Data Engineering
- United States
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, The Bash, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Head of Data Engineering plays a key role in supporting the data needs of the entire organization. Our mission is to provide reliable, performant, timely and understandable centralized data services to TKWW.
This is a multi-disciplinary role that involves project management of various size projects and ad-hoc requests, to data architecture and managing of people and resources. Data is the life blood of TKWW and therefore this role will be working with leadership across the organization to ensure data needed for analysis and monitoring the success of our products and services.
- Manage a team of highly skilled data engineers across multiple locations
- Direct Data Engineering’s overall architecture and approach to data solutions
- High level design of integrations between systems or the between various sources and the data warehouse
- Project management of complex projects, breaking them down to smaller tasks, managing the scope of the projects and ensuring timely completion
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and Data Analysts to analyze requirements and provide recommendations for solutions
- Collaborate with other TKWW teams (Enterprise, ProdDev, DevOps, etc) to provide data solutions for stakeholders
- Ensure use of and contribution to best practices with tools and processes within the team
- Inspire and support innovation within team to improve data offerings and help others to interact with our systems
- Promote growth and development within team by improving existing skills and exploring new technologies
SUCCESSFUL LEAD, DATA ENGINEERING CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Past programming experience and a demonstrated interest in statistical analysis, informatics, analytics, and business intelligence
- Minimum of 12+ years experience with SQL and Data Warehouse development
- Minimum of 5+ years experience managing people
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following Databases (MYSQL, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, MSSQL, Redshift)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
- Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organized way
- Conduct research and make recommendations on BI requirements, products, and services
- Manage time well, correctly prioritizing tasks
- Ability to manage others, resources, contracts, etc.
- Knowledge of database schema design and architecture
- Experience with Project Management
- Experience with dimensional modeling.
- Experience with at least one Business Intelligence tool such as Qlik and Metabase
- Experience with Big Data Solutions such as Snowflake, Redshift, Google BigQuery or Hadoop.
- Experience with ETL tools such as Matillion, Boomi, Informatica, SSIS, etc.
- Programming experience with Ruby, Python, Shell Scripting
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Respect All Voices. Inclusion strengthens us and powers your decisions.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you’ve read the California Privacy Notice.
This role is not eligible for sponsorship.
Back to top