Director UX Researcher
- Austin, TX
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide is seeking a Director of User Research to help fuel an exciting era of growth for our portfolio of brands by leveling up our research practice and keeping users at the center of our strategy.
We are seeking an experienced and impassioned leader to help us transform wedding planning into an easy and delightful journey that helps engaged couples pull off their dream celebration with confidence. As a seasoned academic researcher your methodologies will ensure that we understand our users and can connect the opportunities we discover via research to our business strategy. Our current research practice will benefit from your sharp point of view as you expand the impact of research across the organization and develop best practices for the discipline. You’ll work closely with exceptional product managers and designers to help create desirable solutions to real user needs.
This role is high-visibility and high-impact, being able to bring research to all levels of the organization and articulate its impact past output to outcomes. You are comfortable leading other researchers but are passionate about being hands-on with research yourself and can flex between manager and practitioner. You excel at bringing user research to stakeholders and senior leadership as your audience.
User Research at The Knot Worldwide endeavors to solve important problems, develop excellent people, and operate as great partners with the rest of the company. If you’re attracted to this culture and a visible, important, leadership role with a market leader that has its highest growth and impact ahead of it, we’d love to hear from you!
- Collaborate with product teams to understand product objectives, identify research questions, and translate those to in-person and remote usability studies, user interviews, and surveys.
- Design and execute studies that uncover user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology and measurement techniques.
- Analyze, interpret, and socialize research insights that shape our product strategy.
- Be a thought leader in user research and help educate the product team on research best practices.
- Manage 1-2 user researchers
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A Masters or PHD in Social Science, Neural Science, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or other fields emphasizing human behavior; will also consider other related fields.
- 5+ years experience designing and executing qualitative and quantitative research plans across methods in the consumer product space.
- 2+ years experience managing user researchers
- Strength with both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Experience answering meaningful and impactful consumer product questions using research and advanced measurement techniques.
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Detail oriented and self motivated to work independently on a variety of tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills with a knack for storytelling.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and perform a wide variety of research-related tasks, including recruiting participants when necessary.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. We offer a full benefits package including options for medical, dental and vision insurance and a 401k with company match. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you’ve read the California Privacy Notice.
Back to top