Director, Platform Architecture
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide is looking for a highly motivated engineering leader with a passion for building elegant, delightful, and scalable web+mobile applications for consumers. The individual's primary role will be to set architectural guidelines and lead a team of engineers that support our squads building The Knot Platform. The candidate will be embedded in an Agile environment and work cross-functionally with product managers, designers, and engineers across squads to provide the best in class web+mobile experiences for our users. The person must have a strong understanding of both front and back end development, highly adaptable to new technologies / software development concepts, and loves to work within a collaborative team environment.
- Set architectural guidelines, both software and infrastructure-related, for The Knot Platform
- Actively participate in the ideation and execution of engineering OKRs, roadmap strategy, architecture discussions, and Agile planning
- Promote best practices for engineering productivity, automated testing, continuous integration, code standards, and use of AWS
- Provide engineering mentorship across the team
SUCCESSFUL DIRECTOR, PLATFORM ARCHITECTURE CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 10+ years overall software engineering experience
- In-depth experience using Ruby on Rails, React, Node, Elasticsearch, Postgres, and AWS
- In-depth experience working in an Agile, TDD environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Thrives in a collaborative work culture with teammates located in-office or remote, across multiple locations in US and abroad
- Experience with PHP, iOS, Android, and Mongo is a plus
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you’ve read the California Privacy Notice.
Back to top