Director, Digital Security
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide is looking for a highly motivated engineering leader with a passion for digital security in web+mobile platforms. The individual's primary role will be to set security guidelines, processes, and procedures for our platforms globally and for the engineering squads that build on them. The candidate will be embedded in an Agile environment and work cross-functionally with a highly talented team of engineers across multiple locations in the US and abroad. The person must have a strong security background, highly adaptable to new technologies / software development concepts, and loves to work within a collaborative team environment.
- Set security guidelines, both software and infrastructure-related, for our platforms globally -- this includes setting security policies, access controls, and incident response procedures
- Actively participate in security audits, security tooling, code reviews, and architectural reviews
- Promote and enforce security-related best practices for web+mobile development, testing environments, production environments, data repositories, code repositories, and deployment processes
- Ensure compliance with changing laws and applicable regulations
- Provide mentorship across the team on key security topics
SUCCESSFUL DIRECTOR, DIGITAL SECURITY CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 10+ years experience in the digital security space with proven track record implementing security best practices for large-scale web+mobile applications and platforms
- Experience with a wide variety of web+mobile technologies, including Ruby on Rails, PHP, React, Node, Elasticsearch, Redis, NGINX, Postgres, MySQL, Mongo, iOS, and Android
- In-depth experience working within AWS
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Thrives in a collaborative work culture with teammates located in-office or remote, across multiple locations in US and abroad
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Back to top