Business Operations Manager, Global Media Solutions
- New York, NY
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are looking for a Manager who has experience with and a passion for business analytics as well as strategy growth and effectiveness to join our team. This role oversees business reporting, analytics and data driven insights related to product mix, sales velocity, share of market and sales compensation. This person needs to be a strong analytical thinker who produces work with a high level of accuracy / attention to detail and is comfortable executing in a cross-functional environment in close coordination with stakeholders across Sales, Sales Development, Revenue Operations / Yield, Enterprise Systems and FP&A.
Business Analytics & Reporting:
- Own and manage the Global Media Solutions team’s Monthly Business Review. This will include data inputs / updates as well as drawing insights on trends in health metrics, product mix, capacity and sell through rates
- Provide both ad hoc and proactive analysis of sales productivity metrics (close rates, past booking trends) to identify and quantify revenue opportunity and risk
- Partner with the Enterprise Systems team to ensure appropriate system configuration and integrity / hygiene of the GMS customer, order and revenue data housed and sourced from systems, including: Salesforce.com (CRM) and OperativeOne (order management), with an eye toward reporting automation
- Analyze year over year and quarter over quarter trends within the business and via external sources to estimate market share and surface new sales opportunities
- Generate quarterly and annual revenue forecasts vs. budget weekly and comparisons on prior year’s pacing
- Coordinate updates to weekly pipeline and pacing reports, present to leadership with a point of view on trending and insights
- Prepare summaries for weekly sales meeting to show the latest bookings, pacing and other metrics to facilitate discussions
Sales Targets & Compensation Administration:
- Manage and update account assignments for current and prospective accounts, including sales rep / territory assignments, splits, etc.
- Work with leadership on goal setting and goal adjustments
- Manage quarterly and annual compensation including offer letters, individual monthly statements and calculation of final payouts
- Provide monthly updates for sales management and sales reps on tracking to quarterly and annual goals
SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS OPERATIONS MANAGER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Strong attention to detail / deadlines and accuracy in their work product
- Advanced excel skills, very comfortable handling and manipulating large data sets with ease and accuracy
- A proactive approach in analyzing the business and in follow through on requests
- Experience and a sophisticated approach to organizing data into hierarchies and structures for usability and ease of reporting
- Experience processing compensation data through several cycles
- Maturity and clarity in the communication of sensitive information
- Experience working with media / online advertising strongly preferred
- Experience and working knowledge of CRM systems (Salesforce.com) and Order Management (Operative One)
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (Birst, Cliq, Tableau)
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or Finance
- A Minimum of 3+ years professional experience, 2+ in a Business Management, Corporate Strategy / Development or Investment Banking environment
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Respect All Voices. Inclusion strengthens us and powers your decisions.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you’ve read the California Privacy Notice.
Back to top