Technical Project Manager
The Kennedy Center Information Technology department provides and supports a variety of applications, systems and tools to staff, performers, patrons and other constituents to enable its mission to be accomplished. This includes, but may not be limited to ERP systems for HRM and Finance, CRM systems for donor and customer management, Venue management software, internal and external websites, management systems for performance and event ticketing, gift shop POS, parking, and reporting across all data sets.
Operating within the IT department, the Business Systems team is responsible for supporting and enhancing the suite of business applications, including Customer Relationship Management Software (CRM), Artistic Venue Management Software, and ERP System.
The goal of the team is to enable a superior patron experience, maximize the performance and efficiency of user departments, optimize cost and maintain maximum availability, reliability and accuracy. This team also sets and promotes project management best practices across the larger IT department and stakeholder groups.
We are passionate about the arts and our mission and support it by ensuring the success of a wide range of user groups including artistic programming, education, ticketing, fundraising, marketing, finance, production and facilities.
As we implement a series of exciting and strategic initiatives to better utilize technology and data to provide superior customer experience, we are looking for a technically astute, service oriented new team member who enjoys making changes happen. This will be a senior level position, managing large scale projects independently, within a small technical team.
Duties and Responsibilities
15% Develop and lead the project management practice - including continuous process improvements, departmental direction and best practices - with across the IT teams and with stakeholders. Responsible for the configuration and usage of Project Management tools and related data, such as Jira, Confluence, and Sharepoint.
15% Monitor portfolios of all project leads; proactively report on overall status (progress, issues, dependencies) across all projects in a standardized fashion. Support strategic roadmapping exercises to assess future direction of the systems development and utilization. Identify project/portfolio risks, prepare mitigation and contingency plans.
70% Serve as leader and prime advocate for large scale technical projects. Plan, manage and lead successful project implementations with end users, functional teams, software developers, database administrators, and quality assurance engineers by:
- Managing intake of project requests, clarifying business need and deadlines and shepherding approval and scheduling process
- Developing user stories, technical requirements documents, test plans, process flow, data flow and other project documents
- Creating and managing timelines and deliverables; updating issues and creating project reports in Jira and Confluence
- Tracking progress against sprints and deadlines; managing standups and retrospectives to continuously improve performance
- Interface with all levels of management and stakeholders, and ensure alignment throughout the organization
- Coordination of UA testing and management of issues
- Developing new or modified business processes to utilize solutions delivered
- Developing user documentation, training materials, policy documents as needed for deployment of solutions
- Monitoring post launch project performance against established KPIs
- Liaison with third party partners and suppliers
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience that demonstrates technical project management skills; demonstrated skills as a hands on technical lead preferred
- Expertise in Jira, Confluence, MS Project or similar scheduling tool, bug tracking tools such as Jira, wiki and other related project management and common communications tools
- Experience leading and managing cross-functional/multi-disciplinary teams using an agile approach
- Experience with CRM, ERP, or database systems; SQL skills preferred
- Highly diverse technical background in software development, implementations, data migration, or system engineering preferred
- PMP and Scrum Master certification a plus
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required
- Strong desire to achieve operations excellency and efficiency through technology-oriented, process-oriented, data-driven, and systematic solutions
- Excellent logical/analytical skills
- Excellent technical written and verbal communication, particularly the ability to effectively communicate to non-technical audiences regarding technical matters
- Proven ability to build consensus and facilitate decisionmaking among stakeholders with different, possibly competing needs
- Pleasant, positive outgoing manner and solution oriented attitude.
- An ability to motivate, support and understand different functional teams.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is normal.
- Travel up to 5% may be required to Takoma Park and Watergate offices.
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation's cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion. We offer a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
Back to top