System Coordinator (TEMPORARY)
Do you constantly think about how to do things more efficiently? Do you write SQL like your second language and love the power of data? Do you enjoy the beauty and importance of performing arts and want to take an active role in learning how a world class performing arts center operates?
Operating within IT department, the Business Systems team is responsible for the Customer Relationship Management Software (CRM), the Artistic Management Software, and the ERP System that is the beating heart of the operations of the Kennedy Center. We work with a wide range of user groups (programming, education, ticketing, fundraising, marketing, finance production and facility, etc) and configure, support, and monitor and maintain the systems.
The Kennedy Center is implementing a series of exciting initiatives as we commit to utilize technology and data to provide cutting edge customer experience. We are looking for a technical savvy new team member who enjoys making changes happen to join us in carrying out our strategic roadmap in this exciting time. This position reports to the Director of CRM and Business Systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
50% User Support
- Manage the support queue to achieve SLA agreement; escalate appropriately
- Set up user accounts; monitor and modify permissions
- Troubleshoot, analyze, correct, and prevent recurrence of issues related to event setup, ticket pricing, orders, and account information
- Perform simple query to provide users with needed info
- Assist System Administrator in software upgrades and patches
- Assist in hosting super users meetings to understand challenges, identify improvement opportunities, and maintain clear progress report
50% Project/System Support
- Work closely with Business Systems Director to establish and document business rules with user groups
- Configure system features and global settings (system configuration table, access rights control, template, permissions) to implement Center business rules and processes
- Collaborate with System Administrator to design and create training materials
- Conduct testing for upgrade and other change, and coordinate user acceptance testing
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- A minimum of 1 year experience with CRM, ERP, or database systems, preferably systems supporting ticketing and/or fundraising. Familiarity with administering large-scale business systems from both the front-end (client) and back-end (database) perspectives
- A minimum of 1 year experience with SQL in an MS SQL Server environment, writing queries, stored procedures, login/user securitY
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required
- Strong desire of achieving operations excellency and efficiency through technology-oriented, process-oriented, data-driven, and systematic solutions
- Interested in learning the inner work for large scale operations; enjoy cross-functional projects and thrives in fast-pace environment
- Strong problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills with strong desire of helping user achieve their goals
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Strong multi-tasking and coordination skills. Experience in project coordination preferred.
- Participate in after-hours on-call coverage
- Occasionally available nights and weekends to perform upgrades and other work
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation's cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion. We offer a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
Meet Some of The Kennedy Center's Employees
Director, DC School & Community Initiatives
Jeanette drives the Kennedy Center’s educational and outreach efforts. She makes sure its performances, programs, and content reach, resonate, and reflect all cultures and communities.
Back to top