Front End Developer
Duties and Responsibilities:
10% Participate in creative and planning sessions for new projects to identify and estimate front-end development requirements.
10% Actively engage and collaborate during UI development to help identify new approaches for enhancing the overall user experience.
10% Lead the discovery and assessment of front-end technologies and put forth recommendations for their use.
10% Work together with back-end developers to integrate UI into functional deployment-ready pages.
10% Ensure all products are delivered on-time and to the highest level of standards.
- Minimum college level degree (BA for example) and Minimum 4 years of professional front-end development experience.
- Must be expert in the use of computers and the Internet;
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills;
- Dedication to client service;
- Demonstrated passion for performing arts subjects a plus;
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
- Must have strong expertise integrating with REST APIs using JSON with the ability to create advanced parsing and data manipulation functions
- Strong CMS development experience including creating custom modules and functionality- Sitefinity and/or EpiServer experience is a plus
- Experience with development build tools including NPM, Webpack and Grunt
- HTML5, CSS3 development skills with an emphasis on multi-browser compatibility
- Strong expertise in debugging and troubleshooting web applications
- Developed projects utilizing responsive design using grid frameworks to support multiple platforms including desktop, tablet and mobile
- Integration with third-party social platforms and APIs including YouTube, Facebook and Twitter
- Well versed in working with Visual Studio and using Team Foundation Server (TFS) source control including branching, merging and release management.
- Experience with .NET C# is a strong plus.
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with development teams
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation's cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion. We offer a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
Back to top