Assistant Manager, Advertising Communications
As a savvy copywriter and wordsmith, this role works closely with the Advertising Communications Manager to conceptualize, write, circulate, edit, publish, and maintain editorial content for a wide variety of print, digital, and broadcast projects. This role also oversees daily marketing email projects and processes and supervises Advertising Communications Intern(s) and/or Advertising Communications Freelancers/Contractors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
40% Research, conceptualize, write, and edit substantive content for print collateral ranging from subscription brochures and direct mail to institutional publications; marketing e-mails; radio commercials; web site copy; and other projects as required.
20% Oversee the daily creation and review process for all marketing email projects that fall within their genre assignments (either developed by themselves, interns, and/or freelancers/contractors)—from build, visual asset selection/manipulation, and circulating for staff/stakeholder feedback to final file preparation and signoff—in order to meet continuous, demanding deadlines.
15% Hire, train, and supervise the Advertising Communications Interns and/or Advertising Communications Freelancers/Contractors on various projects and processes.
10% Directly engage in creative strategy development for advertising communication efforts.
10% Proactively seek out information and collaborate with marketing, design, programming, and web staff on content creation and management.
5% Manage and maintain editorial content on the web site and other digital entities.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent education in advertising, journalism, communications, English, or related field – with at least two years of professional experience in copywriting, editing, and proofing others' work as well as their own. Candidates must provide samples that demonstrate creativity, experience, and a passion for the written word.
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required
- A proven creative thinker, able to strategize and develop compelling, clear, and concise messaging to reach targeted markets effectively and incite them to action.
- High level of detail, organization, and self-initiative with an ability to handle multiple assignments under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Ability to shift between performance genes and projects quickly and efficiently, and re-prioritize as marketing needs change and materialize.
- Strong verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software in a PC environment.
- A rock-solid knowledge of grammar, style, and spelling with an eagle eye for consistency and flow.
- Experience working with content management systems.
- An understanding of basic graphic and video manipulation, and how text and images work together to create powerful messages.
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation's cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion.
Meet Some of The Kennedy Center's Employees
Director, DC School & Community Initiatives
Jeanette drives the Kennedy Center’s educational and outreach efforts. She makes sure its performances, programs, and content reach, resonate, and reflect all cultures and communities.
Back to top