Senior Software Engineer
As engineers for The Honest Company, it’s our job to ensure a seamlessly delightful e-commerce experience for all customers and to achieve Honest’s mission of delivering safe, eco-friendly, beautiful and affordable products across the U.S.A. and Canada. We work behind the scenes, connecting the dots to drive the success of Honest as a whole, and we have an awesome time doing it. Rooftop shuffleboard, anyone?
We're currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing web and platform engineering team. If you're ready to join a diverse group passionate about using tech to make our world healthier, safer and more delightful, we're looking for you!
What you'll do:
- Build, design and code new features and enhancements for the Honest web sites, APIs and backend platforms
- Build web applications that work equally well on desktop and mobile devices
- Integrate with 3rd party solutions such as Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
- Participate in all aspects of a project life-cycle utilizing Scrum methodology
- Performance tuning of JSON APIs and front end frameworks
You'll love this job if you're:
- Flexible and unflappable. You’re known to smile and crack a joke while working on challenging problems
- All about quality. You’re passionate about test driven development and clean, well-tested code
- A people person. An exceptional communicator and collaborator
- Enthusiastic and motivated. You’re excited to share ideas and find creative ways to improve code and processes
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant discipline, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of full-time software development experience
- 3+ years of open-source development experience
- Understanding of MVC frameworks such as Rails, Sinatra, Django, Express, etc.
- A passion for writing maintainable code with a deep understanding of OOP, design patterns, and data structures
- Experience designing, building and testing REST APIs
- Experience with test driven development (RSpec, Cucumber, Capybara)
- Strong *nix skills (Linux, FreeBSD, and/or Mac OS X preferred)
- Deep knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and responsive web design
- Solid knowledge of scaling web applications and asynchronous architectures
- Experience working in a social networking environment
- Experience with search platforms (Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene, etc.)
Back to top