Finance and Strategy Associate
We are seeking a talented Finance & Strategy Associate to join our Finance & Strategy team. This role will have high impact and visibility into essential, business-critical processes, and will partner with senior leaders throughout the organization to set our strategy and drive key business initiatives across the company.
The Finance & Strategy team is made up of problem solvers – focusing on enhancing The Honest Company’s rapid growth. This is an exciting opportunity to learn in a hyper-growth environment and own high-priority, high-impact projects, while maintaining our spirit of fun, energy, and passion. The role requires superior analytical and presentation skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to collaborate across a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
What you'll do:
- Manage critical elements of The Honest Company’s financial planning & analysis process, including building and maintaining financial projections in connection with the strategic plan, the annual operating plan, and periodic forecasts
- Develop and present analyses and reports on key financial and operating metrics and performance indicators, translating them into actionable business strategy
- Create scenario based financial projections using data from marketing, digital, operations, sales and R&D teams
- Prepare presentations for senior management and the Board of Directors and provide analyses and recommendations to assist with strategic decision-making
- Support Honest’s expansion, which will include analytical initiatives such as financial modeling and forecasting, go-to-market (GTM) strategy formulation, channel performance measurement, and partnership negotiations
- Provide deep insight and discover opportunities that drive our business; for example, customer insights, market trends, competitive analysis, growth strategies for new channels and products, etc.
- Collaborate and coordinate with stakeholders across the company in the development and execution of key projects and initiatives
- Assist in evaluation and implementation of capital projects and strategic initiatives by performing analyses such as ROI, market sizing, benchmarking, market deep dives, etc.
- Develop a deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- Thoughtfully articulate. From elevator chats to boardroom meetings, you always know the best way to inform, persuade, and build strong relationships along the way
- A self-starter who loves collaboration. You’re comfortable working independently as well as influencing cross-functional teams
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Math, Computer Science, Management Science or other quantitative field
- 2-5 years of analytical experience in investment banking, private equity, or management consulting and/or a corporate development, strategy, or planning & analysis role at a leading technology or consumer company
- Strong financial acumen and grasp of corporate finance fundamentals, including experience with budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including building and maintaining financial models
- Strong problem solving skills such as prioritization, critical thinking and hypothesis development
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, particularly the ability to develop cogent arguments and present them concisely to a range of stakeholders, including executives
- Humble attitude with a willingness to shift from high-level strategic thinking to stepping in and helping to drive implementation alongside functional teams
Bonus points for:
- SQL experience
Meet Some of The Honest Company's Employees
Retail Designer, Beauty
Chris creates the aesthetic ambiance for The Honest Company’s retail stores by designing beautiful imagery and art that stands out on its sales floors and the company website.
Back to top