Director, Quality Management Systems
The Honest Company is seeking a Director, Quality Management Systems. In this role, you be an integral member of The Honest Company team, overseeing and supporting all aspects of the Company’s quality assurance, control and management systems and programs.
As Director, QMS, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the quality strategy for Honest, as well as the overall development, implementation, and maintenance of our quality assurance, quality control, and quality management systems.
To be our ideal candidate, you must have experience successfully leading a diverse team, possess exceptional communication skills, and be able to work well with people at all levels of the organization. You’ll need passion for excellence, continuous improvement, and driving business solutions to thrive in this role.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and oversee Company-wide cGMP quality compliance, assurance, control, and improvement initiatives and programs across all product categories
- Develop (as necessary) and implement, through extensive research, collaboration and care:
- Best-in-class QMS programs and training methods
- Company-wide quality and reliability standards
- Raw material standards
- In-process product inspection standards
- Standards for the disposition of finished product
- Rework standards
- Product quality documentation systems
- Enforce quality assurance policies/procedures and government requirements
- Develop process certification standards and assist in process certification
- Serve as the primary quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement
- Actively work with applicable internal and external parties to support the resolution of internal and external quality issues
- Manage and oversee internal, external customer and/or third party and regulatory audits
- Develop and implement root cause analyses and subsequent corrective actions, including those arising from any customer complaints or regulatory actions
- Actively work with Product Development, Operations, customers, and suppliers to drive improvements in supplier quality performance metrics
- Establish and implement metrics for monitoring QMS effectiveness and continuously improving business operations
- Design, implement and document procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection
- Monitor vendor performance and establish criteria and rating system for critical vendors.
- Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses
- Build and maintain a best-in-class, company-wide quality team
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- Thoughtfully articulate. From elevator chats to boardroom meetings, you always know the best way to communicate your ideas and positions.
- A confident, dynamic leader. You’re known far and wide for your impressive relationship building skills
- Dedicated and fast moving. You’re known to operate with urgency, focus and discipline
- A dynamite problem solver and project manager. You’re always thinking (at least) one step ahead
- Committed to excellence. You’re deeply passionate about producing superior work
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering discipline
- 15+ years of quality experience in the personal care/cosmetics/OTC space
- 10+ years managerial experience in a cGMP environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to integrate company-wide developments and cross-functional projects
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Superlative managerial and project management skills
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Substantial knowledge of IT systems
Bonus points for:
- Graduate degree in a science or engineering discipline
Meet Some of The Honest Company's Employees
Retail Designer, Beauty
Chris creates the aesthetic ambiance for The Honest Company’s retail stores by designing beautiful imagery and art that stands out on its sales floors and the company website.
Back to top