Director, Digital Design and User Experience
The Honest Company’s dedication to delivering safe, affordable, and efficacious products to consumers doesn’t end with our home and family goods. Our Digital team takes this mission to heart, and we strive to bring only the most beautiful and functional designs to life across Honest's desktop, tablet, mobile, and web presences.
We’re seeking a Director, Digital Design and User Experience to oversee the development of intuitive, clean and easy-to-navigate web and mobile experiences. We’re seeking an experienced, resourceful designer-turned-thought-leader with a discerning taste in interfaces and a solid track record for successfully driving UX initiatives and thoughtfully mentoring team members.
To be the perfect fit for this role, you’ll need substantial experience leading a UX/digital design team focused on online, consumer-facing products. If you have a deep-rooted passion for creating innovative customer experiences and managing initiatives that drive growth, we’re looking for you!
What you’ll do:
- Lead Honest’s digital design and UX group, managing designers and guiding overall strategy across digital experiences
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to define and execute on long-term vision
- Ensure all digital products meet high standards of usability and design
- Oversee the production of various concurrent projects related to website/mobile content, user interface design, and functionality
- Define and document new features and functionality to increase conversion and growth and support business goals
- Lead projects from conception through delivery, supporting the gathering of requirements and assets and writing user stories
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to continually identify ways to grow the user experience
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and their needs by assisting with focus groups, user testing, and surveys
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- An outstanding leader in UX. You’re a superstar in your field with a gleaming portfolio to match
- All about user experience. You’ve got a deep-rooted passion for e-commerce, design, and customer experience beyond the 9-5.
- A confident, dynamic team player. You’ll quickly build strong relationships throughout the organization
- A talented juggler. You successfully manage competing priorities, and you make it look easy
- Dedicated and fast-moving. You’re known to operate with passion, urgency, focus and integrity
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience in a UX leadership role
- 7+ years of experience in UX within e-commerce, advertising, or startup based companies
- Strong understanding of established web and mobile standards and UI best practices
- Strong design aptitude and a solid understanding of web development principles
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Sketch and InVision
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
Meet Some of The Honest Company's Employees
Retail Designer, Beauty
Chris creates the aesthetic ambiance for The Honest Company’s retail stores by designing beautiful imagery and art that stands out on its sales floors and the company website.
Back to top