Business Operations and Strategy Associate
The Finance department at Honest is full of tenacious problem solvers and strategic thinkers -- after all, it’s our job to continuously enhance The Honest Company’s rapid growth. Currently, we’re seeking a new Business Operations and Strategy Associate to join our team.
As a Business Operations and Strategy Associate, you’ll support the CFO, SVP of Finance, and the Finance and Corporate Strategy team. You’ll have exposure to essential, business-critical processes, and you will partner with senior leaders throughout the organization to set strategy and drive key business initiatives across the company.
If you’re ready to own high-priority, high-impact projects, all while maintaining our shared sense of fun, energy, and passion, this is the job for you. You’ll need exceptional analytical and presentation skills plus a demonstrated ability to collaborate across a diverse range of stakeholders to dazzle us in this role.
What you'll do:
- Provide deep insights and discover opportunities that drive our business; for example, customer insights, market trends, competitive analysis, growth strategies for new channels, geographies, and products
- Collaborate and coordinate with stakeholders across the company in the development and execution of key projects and initiatives
- Support strategic decision-making around Honest’s expansion, which will include analytical initiatives such as financial modeling and forecasting, go-to-market (GTM) strategy formulation, channel performance measurement, and partnership negotiations
- Develop new metrics and performance indicators, translating them into actionable business strategy
- Develop a deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities
- Assist in evaluation and implementation of capital projects and strategic initiatives by performing such analysis as ROI, market sizing, benchmarking, market deep dives, etc.
- Build and maintain financial projections in connection with the strategic plan, the annual operating plan, and periodic forecasts
- Develop scenario-based financial projections using data from marketing, digital, operations, sales and product teams
- Create and present analyses and reports on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders
- Prepare presentations for senior management and the Board of Directors and provide analyses and recommendations to assist with decision-making
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- Thoughtfully articulate. From elevator chats to boardroom meetings, you always know the best way to inform, persuade, and build strong relationships along the way
- A self-starter who loves collaboration. You’re comfortable working independently as well as influencing cross-functional teams
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, math, computer science, management science or other quantitative field
- 2-5 years of analytical experience in investment banking, private equity, or management consulting and/or a corporate development, strategy, or planning and analysis role at a leading tech or consumer company
- Strong financial acumen and grasp of corporate finance fundamentals, including experience with budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis
- Strong problem solving skills such as prioritization, critical thinking and hypothesis development
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, particularly the ability to develop cogent arguments and present them concisely to a range of stakeholders, including executives
- Humble attitude with a willingness to shift from high-level strategic thinking to stepping in and helping to drive implementation alongside functional teams
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including building and maintaining financial models
Bonus points for:
- SQL experience
Back to top