The Home Depot is always striving to deliver outstanding customer service, drive improvement and develop talent that will grow our business into the future. For individuals who are results oriented, and interested in developing leadership skills within a dynamic team-focused environment, we offer our Assurance and Advisory Management Program (AMP).
Ensuring significant business exposure, this two-year program includes rotations through a variety of challenging auditing and consulting assignments, providing learning opportunities in areas such as leadership, finance, operations, merchandising, IT, interconnected retail, global sourcing and supply chain. AMP associates review areas of controllership, perform risk assessments and evaluate business/operational processes to identify process improvement/cost out opportunities and mitigate risks. AMP is designed to drive continuous improvement in the Company while developing the career and leadership skills of associates in the program. Graduates of the program can accelerate their career in AMP or move into other functional roles within the business.
If you're ready to advance your career with a Fortune 50 company while giving back to your community and working in an environment with endless opportunities - Be a part of The Home Depot's NEXT generation of leaders.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Execute specified segments of a project; understand objectives, identify resources, meet set timelines, communicate results and present deliverables for the identified segment
- Determine objectives and risks of core and support processes that support a business strategy using the Business Process Review methodology; create a process map and identify critical success factors; use data/metrics to measure the risk within the process and the impact of controls on the process opportunities; evaluate effectiveness of controls; identify sustainable solutions to fix breakdowns
- Create sophisticated data collection plans; identify sources of data (operational, financial, industry, etc.); gather, analyze and manipulate data; review data for trends and exceptions and draw sound conclusions; use statistical data tools to graphically display and analyze results; review and create cost/benefit analysis and financial/data models with limited supervision
- Accept and facilitate change by understanding the vision; assist management with developing a strategy to ensure that the change lasts; identify and remove barriers; lead in implementing changes
- Effectively communicate project scope, strategy, status and results to high level management
Nature and Scope
- Typically reports to Manager AMP. No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the leadership of a work group
Environmental Job Requirements
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable Typically requires overnight travel
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Prior work experience within engineering, accounting, business, auditing or consulting firms
- Prior audit and/or process improvement experience a plus
- Project Management experience
- Ability to communicate with executive management
- Demonstrated leadership attributes
- Data analytics skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Problem solving and general analytical skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of associates and Executive Management
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once and prioritize work
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations with little direction
- Ability to work in a team environment