The Asset Protection Specialist is primarily responsible for preventing financial loss caused by theft and fraud and supporting safety and environmental program compliance in their assigned store/multiple stores. They utilize tools to minimize loss to the Company, including but not limited to identifying incidents of theft and fraud, reviewing CCTV and exception reports, monitoring the store's physical security, auditing the Electronic Article Surveillance and driving a shrink elimination culture in the store. Other responsibilities include: preparing accurate and detailed case reports documenting your apprehensions and recoveries, preserving evidence, interacting with law enforcement and testifying in criminal and civil court actions. The Asset Protection Specialist must report any hazardous or unsafe condition to the Manager on Duty and carry out job responsibilities in a manner that minimizes the risk of injury to themselves, other associates, vendors, customers, and the Company. They must demonstrate integrity at all times, respond to asset protection and operational concerns of all associates and remain focused on store specific business objectives while supporting key asset protection and operational responsibilities.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
The APS will utilize tools to minimize Company loss, responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Identify (external and internal) incidents of theft and fraud. Detains and interviews persons apprehended for shoplifting, in accordance with local laws and Company policies governing apprehensions. Minimize risk of injuries during apprehensions.
- Review CCTV, audit EAS, exception reports and other available Company media to identify associates who may be engaging in dishonest activity on THD property; process individuals who commit theft and fraud.
- Prepare detailed and accurate case / investigation reports in a timely manner. Preserve relevant evidence, including but not limited to CCTV in all cases / investigations. Monitor criminalprosecutions, appear in court when required, testify and represent the Company in a professional manner.
- Monitor the store's physical security. Drive execution of store safety programs and validate compliance with company standards and policies. Validate environmental compliance to company standards.
- Teach, coach, and train associates on proper operational processes as well as store safety compliance standards.
Nature and Scope:
Typically reports to store APM: In stores without APM: Multi - APM & Store Manager
This position has no direct reports.
Typically will have frequent contact outside the workgroup.
Typically procedures for analyzing situations and making conclusions are diverse.
Typically considers several options and past practice when solving problems.
Typically progress or results of work is regularly checked and prior approval is required before changing standard work procedures.
Environmental Job Requirements:
Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes which cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: