The Ultimate Sports Challenge Program Leader, Headfirst Overnight Camp: 2020-2261
The Ultimate Sports Challenge incorporates a wide variety of sports and athletic activities to entertain and challenge any camper participating in this Headfirst Overnight Camp afternoon elective. Reporting to the Residential Programs Coordinator, The Ultimate Sports Challenge Program Leader will facilitate camper growth and development through the lens of sports, infusing every activity with opportunities for teamwork and sportsmanship.
What You'll Do:
- Create an Unforgettable Experience. You are a master at making the camp atmosphere contagiously energetic and positive - and you constantly look for ways to improve the camper experience. From Ninja Warrior challenges to bumper bubble soccer, you bring a high level of enthusiasm to every day, encouraging every camper to learn life’s most important lessons through sports.
- Think Strategically. Our curriculum is what sets us apart, and you naturally look for ways to innovate and improve upon what we develop. By working closely with our headquarters team, you both anticipate issues before they arise as well as communicate appropriate solutions and improvements along the way.
- Care for All Campers. Due to the wide variety of abilities and interests captured in our Headfirst Overnight Camp, every camper has different criteria to set them up for success. From dealing with a camper’s homesickness to leading and participating in All-Camp meetings, you bring appropriate levels of supportive leadership every day, encouraging the best from every camper.
- Work as a Team. Working alongside your Overnight Counselors, you will provide guidance on how to enthusiastically and safely implement curriculum, encouraging your team to develop their problem-solving skills and professionalism throughout the program.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have completed at least three (3) years at an accredited undergraduate institution or have equivalent educational experience.
- You have one (1) year of relevant professional experience working with children.
- You are mission-driven. Here at Headfirst, we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere, and we want you to be too.
- You lead by example. By balancing the composure, integrity, clarity and empathy necessary to act as a positive influence on your team and Headfirst as a whole, you are a natural leader who works with a sense of urgency and commitment necessary to achieve our business objectives.
- You are solution-oriented. You thrive in an environment that pushes you to think outside of the box, working with your team to brainstorm and innovate for all obstacles you face.
- You are an agile and strategic problem-solver. You understand that as a business grows, its practices, processes and policies may need to as well, and you’re not afraid to innovate with a collaborative approach.
What You'll Gain:
- Coaching & Professional Development Skills. You will be the guide and leader for your program and will provide your team of counselors with valuable feedback to improve what they do, every day.
- Innovative Thinking & Creativity Under Pressure. Throughout the summer you will have the opportunity to provide your own innovations and creative touch to our curriculum as needed.
- Curriculum Implementation. Together, we aim to unlock the personal best in every child, and through our experiential, research-based curriculum you will gain experience in educational instruction and facilitation.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top