Swim Instructor, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2020-2258
The pool is home to one of our most popular camp activities, where campers of all ages participate in daily recreational or instructional swim time. Reporting to the Aquatics Program Leader, our Swim Instructors understand how swimming skills are a crucial development tool for all campers and provide excellent instruction while prioritizing safety.
What You'll Do:
- Coach and Connect: The pool can be either a frightening obstacle or source of joy for our campers, with many emotions in-between. You know how to work effectively with all levels of swim experience and encourage campers to grow, while appropriately stretching their comfort zone.
- Keep Safety at the Forefront. You will keep a laser focus on every camper during swimming blocks, hyperaware of everything not only in the pool, but also on the pool deck. You are constantly assessing the current safety of all campers, ensuring the rest of your team adheres to our policies and procedures.
- Take Projects Head-On. Four (4) of our camp programs participate in recreational and instructional swim. As their instructor, you will be responsible for the creation of swim reports, juggling many projects at once while giving each of your swim groups the attention they deserve.
- Encourage Camper Growth. The pool can be either a frightening obstacle or source of joy for our campers, with many emotions in-between. You know how to work effectively with all levels of swim experience and encourage campers to grow, while appropriately stretching their comfort zone.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You are at least sixteen (16) years of age at the start of the camp season.
- You have at least two (2) years of relevant professional experience in swim instruction experience.
- You have CPR Certification or the ability to complete this certification prior to May 30, 2020.
- You are mission-driven. here at Headfirst, we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere, and we want you to be too.
- You are a coachable and motivated teammate. You are a down-to-earth individual who has the desire and capacity to grow through experience, challenging yourself to go above and beyond the call of duty.
- You are a self-starter. By approaching daily hurdles head on, you face every day with a natural sense of urgency and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- You are solution-oriented. You thrive in an environment that pushes you to think outside of the box, working with your team to brainstorm and innovate for all obstacles you face.
What You'll Gain:
- Working with a Diverse Team. Our team ranges from first-time educators to seasoned professionals, and through exposure to these unique groups you will gain experience working with all personalities and work styles.
- Exposure to a Professional Environment. So, we’re a little picky. We expect a lot of our team but give you as much in return through consistent feedback, fair expectations and values-based incentives.
- Facilitation Skills. As a swim instructor, you bring the program to life! Through our aquatics curriculum, you work with campers to build their confidence in the water, from breathing techniques to technical strokes.
- A Team like Family. There’s something about camp that brings people together. Here you’ll get to meet new friends, while forging stronger bonds with people you know.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top