STEM Program Leader, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2019-1972
The STEM Program Leader for Headfirst Summer Camps will work on-site at our Oakton, Virginia location as the leader of our science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) focused curriculum for rising Kindergarten through 5th grade. Our STEM curriculum is designed for campers to explore and develop their interest in a variety of disciplines including robotics, coding, and environmental conservation. The week-long themes allow campers to dive deep into hands-on challenges and real-life application beyond the classroom. During the summer, the STEM Program Leader will diligently provide instruction and ensure smooth execution of programming. The STEM Program Leader is a passionate educator who will use their expertise to guide both campers and counselors throughout the summer, facilitating powerful experiences every day.
What You'll Do:
- Show Off the Sciences. STEM Camp covers a vast array of themes and projects, and you provide top-of-the-line enthusiasm through everything you do. While expertise related to specific aspects of our unique curriculum is not required, you must be willing to take on and learn new subject matter.
- Think Strategically. Our curriculum is what sets us apart, and you naturally look for ways to innovate and improve what we develop. By working closely with our headquarters team, you anticipate issues before they occur as well as appropriately communicate appropriate solutions and improvements along the way.
- Care for All Campers. Due to varying experience levels and learning profiles, every camper has different criteria to set them up for success. You will ensure that each camper has a personalized and impactful experience during their STEM explorations to have the best day ever, every day.
- Work as a Team. You will work directly alongside your STEM counselors to create the best experience possible for all campers. By providing guidance on how to enthusiastically implement curriculum, you will encourage your counselors to develop throughout the summer.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have:
- Completed at least three (3) years at an accredited undergraduate institution.
- Housing in the DC-metropolitan area and transportation to the location of your employment.
- CPR & First Aid Certification or ability to complete CPR & First Aid Certification prior to June 1st, 2019.
- You are:
- Mission Driven. Here at Headfirst we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
- A Positive Leader. You will be working directly with fellow on-site leadership and headquarters team members, as well as setting the standard of excellence for other seasonal team members.
- Driven by the Details. You love organization and planning ahead and know that being effective in your role is tied to remembering the minor details.
- A Coachable, Motivated Teammate. You know what it means to go above and beyond the call of duty.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top