Sports Program Director, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2020-2280
- Washington, DC
Every ship needs a captain, and as the leading authority for their site, the Sports Program Director acts as a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to running an incredible camp program. Reporting to their Site Director, the Sports Program Director manages their own onsite leadership team and is a dynamic, personable leader who embodies the spirit of camp.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee your Facility. We are fortunate to work with some incredible facilities throughout the D.C. metro area, and we will be looking to you to continue our relationships with on-site facility partners and vendors, proactively communicating issues to Headquarters as they occur.
- Take Sports to the Next Level. Through our curriculum we offer a wide variety of sports and games, and you can transform any experience into an opportunity for growth. While expertise on all offered sports is not required, you are not afraid to dive in and learn new things.
- Manage the Big Picture. Informed by your team, you will be the ultimate authority of your site, strategically knowing when to take action while considering any ripple effects. You understand the operational complexity of camp, and evaluate the impact of your decisions on camp programming for both the next camp day and future camp seasons.
- Communicate with Authority. You are the bridge between your location and the Site Director and know that clear communication sets everyone up for success. Whether it’s talking to program leaders or working with our facility partners, you’re a master of clearly conveying the successes and pinch points of every day.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have graduated from at an accredited undergraduate institution – or have equivalent educational experience, with majors in education, sports management and social work fields viewed favorably.
- You have at least three (3) years of relevant professional experience working with children of all ages.
- You have experience leading a team of direct reports.
- You are mission-driven. Here at Headfirst, we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere, and we want you to be too.
- You lead & manage by example. By balancing the composure, integrity, clarity and empathy necessary to act as a positive influence on your team and Headfirst as a whole, you are a natural leader who works with a sense of urgency and commitment necessary to achieve our business objectives.
- You are solution-oriented. You thrive in an environment that pushes you to think outside of the box, working with your team to brainstorm and innovate for all obstacles you face.
What You'll Gain:
- Leadership Experience. As a member of the highest level of leadership, you will be the “go-to” person for a wide variety of situations throughout the camp day. Here, you will become an effective leader and manager for both your counselors and program leaders.
- Customer & Client Interactions. Headfirst parents, team members and partner facilities come from all backgrounds, and as one of the familiar faces onsite, you will learn to handle all aspects of challenging communications with ease.
- Problem-Solving & Strategic Thinking. Every camp day presents completely new challenges, and through this summer you will learn to think on your feet and become an exceptional decision maker.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top