Site Director, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2020-2244
Every ship needs a captain, and as the leading authority on site, the Site Director acts as a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to running an incredible camp program. Reporting directly to our HQ team, and managing a team of onsite leadership, the Site Director is a dynamic, personable leader who embodies the spirit of camp.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee your Facility. We are fortunate to work with some incredible facilities throughout the D.C. metro area, and we will be looking to you to continue our relationships with on-site facility partners and vendors, proactively communicating issues to Headquarters as they occur.
- Manage the Big Picture. Informed by your team, you will be the ultimate authority of your site, strategically knowing when to take action and considering any ripple effects. You understand the operational complexity of running camp, and evaluate the impact of your decisions on camp programming for both the next camp day and future camp seasons.
- Build Camp Spirit. Summer is meant to be fun, and you’re here for it! Onsite, you are equally comfortable doing team-builders and energizers with staff as you are with encouraging campers during a cooler dump. Your entire on-site team will look up to you as the gold standard for attitude, enthusiasm, and a willingness to help out.
- Communicate with Authority. You are the bridge between the on-site team and HQ and know that clear communication sets everyone up for success. Whether it’s talking to fellow site directors or working with our facility partners, you’re a master of clearly conveying the successes and pinch points of every day.
- Train Your Team. Facilitation of training is an essential element of your role. You will use Headfirst provided resources to train your staff on expectations, roles, responsibilities and best practices to ensure the productivity, engagement and overall job satisfaction of your team.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have graduated from at an accredited undergraduate institution – or have equivalent educational experience, with majors in education, sports management and social work fields viewed favorably.
- You have at least three (3) years of relevant professional experience working with children of all ages.
- You have experience leading a team of direct reports.
- You are mission-driven. Here at Headfirst, we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere, and we want you to be too.
- You lead & manage by example. By balancing the composure, integrity, clarity and empathy necessary to act as a positive influence on your team and Headfirst as a whole, you are a natural leader who works with a sense of urgency and commitment necessary to achieve our business objectives.
- You are a self-starter. By approaching professional hurdles head on, you face every day with a natural sense of urgency and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- You are solution-oriented. You thrive in an environment that pushes you to think outside of the box, working with your team to brainstorm and innovate for all obstacles you face.
What You'll Gain:
- Leadership Experience. As a member of the highest level of leadership, you will be the “go-to” person for a wide variety of situations throughout the camp day. Here, you will become an effective leader and manager for both your counselors and program leaders.
- Customer & Client Interactions. Headfirst parents, team members and partner facilities come from all backgrounds, and as one of the familiar faces onsite, you will learn to handle all aspects of challenging communications with ease.
- Problem-Solving & Strategic Thinking. Every camp day presents completely new challenges, and through this summer you will learn to think on your feet and become an exceptional decision maker.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top