Safety & First Aid Coordinator, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2020-2238
- Vienna, VA
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Operations & People, the Safety & First Aid Coordinator will manage all aspects of the Headfirst camp experience related to the health and well-being of campers and staff. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, careful management of camper medication, oversight of all safety procedures and policies, communicating safety updates to parents and HQ as needed, and the safekeeping of confidential camper and staff information.
What You'll Do:
- Be First on the Scene. You are skilled in all aspects of safety, administering appropriate first aid and camp-approved medications while ensuring that all incidents are responded to, recorded, and reported appropriately throughout the camp day.
- Keep Safety at the Forefront. You know better than anyone that the emotional and physical safety of campers is our number one priority. Through diligent reporting, management and organization you ensure that campers receive appropriate care under all circumstances.
- Communicate with Care. When a situation impacts the safety of a camper, you know how important it is to respond tactfully. Whether you are speaking with campers, parents, or team members, you handle every situation delicately and with the highest degree of compassion.
- Model our Procedures. As the on-site expert for our safety and first-aid policies, you are a motivational leader for counselors, who actively trains and re-trains individuals on our allergy policy, medication procedures and safety protocol.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have completed at least two (2) years at an accredited undergraduate institution – or have equivalent educational experience - with majors in pre-medicine and sports medicine viewed favorably.
- You have CPR & First Aid Certification, or ability to gain this certification prior to June 1, 2020.
- You are mission-driven. here at Headfirst, we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere, and we want you to be too.
- You lead by example. By balancing the composure, integrity, clarity and empathy necessary to act as a positive influence on your team and Headfirst as a whole, you are a natural leader who works with a sense of urgency and commitment necessary to achieve our business objectives.
- You are a self-starter. By approaching professional hurdles head on, you face every day with a natural sense of urgency and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- You are solution-oriented. You thrive in an environment that pushes you to think outside of the box, working with your team to brainstorm and innovate for all obstacles you face.
What You'll Gain:
- Subject Area Expertise. By owning every aspect of safety you will challenge yourself to expand your professional focus and skillset and will become the on-site expert for all things related to camper and staff safety.
- Customer & Client Interactions. Headfirst parents come from all backgrounds, and as one of the familiar faces onsite, you will learn to handle all aspects of challenging customer communications with ease.
- Interpersonal Experience. Our team ranges from first-time educators to seasoned professionals, and through exposure to these unique groups you will gain experience working with all personalities and work styles.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top