Program Coordinator, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2019-2000
The Program Coordinator for Headfirst Summer Camps will work on-site at our Bethesda, Maryland location as part of our leadership team and will be responsible for all stages of curriculum execution for all programs offered. They will support and assist Program Leaders with curriculum preparation and implementation to provide the best experience possible for each camper. The Program Coordinator will be the ultimate resource for camper management and will coach our seasonal team on management best practices and positive behavior reinforcement. This role requires an experienced, passionate educator who is equally eager to interact with campers across all programs and ages and motivate team members to perform at their highest potential.
What You'll Do:
- Bring our Programs to Life. You are the expert on all things related to Headfirst Summer Camps curriculum, and you know that summer camps are a unique time for our campers to learn, explore, and develop outside of the traditional school environment. You bring a high level of energy, effort and enthusiasm to each and every day and make camp fun for everyone.
- Take Projects Head-On. We run multiple programs at each of our locations – from Multi-Sport Camp to Junior Day Camp, each with its own unique set of challenges and successes. You know how to juggle and prioritize many tasks and competing schedules, while giving each program the attention it deserves.
- Care for All Campers. Although you have oversight of the Program Management Team and over 300+ weekly campers in different programs, you know that each camper and age-group have different criteria which set them up for success. You will work with the program management team to develop individualized behavior plans as well as routinely check-in on campers that may need more support.
- Support your Team. You will work directly with the program management team, providing feedback and direction as well as mitigating any issues respectfully and effectively that may arise. As a master of organization, you naturally ensure that each program has the skills and materials they need to bring camp to life.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects and take on other responsibilities, as needed.
- You have:
- Graduated from an accredited undergraduate institution.
- At least one (1) year of in-classroom experience working with students.
- Housing in the DC-metropolitan area and transportation to the location of your employment.
- CPR & First Aid Certification or ability to complete CPR & First Aid Certification prior to June 1st, 2019.
- You are:
- Mission Driven. Here at Headfirst we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
- A Positive Leader. You will be working directly with fellow on-site leadership and headquarters team members, as well as setting the standard of excellence for other seasonal team members.
- Driven by the Details. You love organization and know that being effective in your role is tied to proactive planning from the big picture to the minor details.
- A Coachable, Motivated Teammate. You know what it means to go above and beyond the call of duty.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top