Overnight Camp Counselor, Headfirst Overnight Camp: 2020-2232
Headfirst Overnight Camp is designed to provide the best of both words for campers, combining the fun and traditions of overnight camp with shorter, week-long stays and mix-and-match activity themes. The five nights of programming will consist of immersive afternoon electives, like Junior MBA: Silicon Valley Experience and The Ultimate Sports Challenge, and Overnight Camp Counselors will be instrumental in bringing our curriculum to life through patient instruction and care. Reporting to the Residental Programs Coordinator, our Overnight Camp Counselors are empathetic and caring individuals who are driven to provide exemplary experiences for their campers.
What You'll Do:
- Create an Unforgettable Experience. You are a master at making the camp atmosphere contagiously energetic and positive - and you look for ways to improve the camper experience. From Ninja Warrior challenges to party bingo games, you bring a high level of enthusiasm to every day of Overnight Camp.
- Care for All Campers. Due to the wide variety of abilities and interests captured in our Overnight Camp, every camper has different criteria to set them up for success. From dealing with a camper’s homesickness to participating in All-Camp meetings, you bring appropriate levels of positive leadership every day, encouraging the best from every camper.
- Contribute to the Community. As a counselor with Headfirst Overnight Camp, you are part of something larger than yourself, and you thrive as part of a team. You know how your actions can directly impact everyone around you and are constantly looking for ways to build up your fellow counselors.
- Take on the Challenge of the Day. You will be responsible for campers from afternoon electives to evening activities like field trips, working closely with our onsite leadership to enthusiastically implement curriculum. You are willing to take on new challenges, and love to work towards a common goal.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have graduated from high school or have equivalent educational experience. (If you are still in high school, please apply for our Junior Counselor role).
- You are mission-driven. Here at Headfirst, we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere, and we want you to be too.
- You are curious, flexible and ever-learning. You constantly seek out new ways to improve the eHeaheHeadfirst camper experience and your own contributions to it through continued refinement of your knowledge, skills & abilities.
- You are a self-starter. By approaching daily hurdles head on, you face every day with a natural sense of urgency and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- You are a coachable and motivated teammate. You are a down-to-earth individual who has the desire and capacity to grow through experience, challenging yourself to go above and beyond the call of duty.
What You'll Gain:
- Adaptive Thinking. Thinking on the fly? You’ll get that at Headfirst – whether it’s adapting a project or knowing when to use a name-game, you’ll be best in class when it comes to thinking on your feet.
- Group Management. Here, you’re more than just a counselor. You will be the role model, superhero and leader for your group of campers by fostering an environment of growth and compassion.
- Working with a Diverse Team. Our team ranges from first-time educators to seasoned professionals, and through exposure to these unique groups you will gain experience working with all work styles.
- A Team like Family. There’s something about camp that brings people together. Here you’ll get to meet new friends, while forging stronger bonds with people you know.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top