Operations & Logistics Coordinator, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2019-2006
The Administrative Coordinator for Headfirst Summer Camps will work on-site at our Oakton, Virginia location and act as the authority on all things pertaining to the organization and execution of the camp day. This role is vital for camp to function at its most efficient level and requires a detail-oriented project manager who focuses on accurately producing reports and maintaining records of camper enrollments for the entire site. Based primarily in our on-site camp office, they work diligently to be a key contributor to the day-to-day operational success of camp through a strong attention to detail and desire for all camp records to be accurate and up-to-date. The Administrative Coordinator, most importantly, is an efficient and organized leader who knows the importance of maintaining meticulous records and is satisfied with providing only the highest levels of service for both our campers and families.
What You'll Do:
- Maximize Camper Experience. You know that each child is unique and requires a certain attention to detail to ensure we are delivering the experience we promise to our families. Your ability to problem solve and modify camper groups, counselor switches, and buddy requests will ultimately contribute to every camper’s day.
- Be the Information Epicenter. A wide variety of information will be coming to you throughout the day, and you are the master of managing it all – from organizing daily camper enrollment and add-ons to tracking down a lost and found item, you know what’s happening across camp at any given moment.
- Communicate Professionally. Throughout the summer, you’ll get to know the campers at your site and you’ll be instrumental in working with Program Leaders and our Customer Experience team to ensure all issues are managed efficiently and with appropriate follow through.
- Take Projects Head-On. You’re not afraid to face large projects and take to lead. Between our programs we have more than fifteen (15) different daily schedules, and you are someone who knows the impact that small factors can have on the big picture. You’re always eager to take on more and love to solve the biggest problem of the day.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have:
- Completed at least three (3) years at an accredited undergraduate institution.
- The availability and willingness to work full-time from June to August, including training dates in early June.
- Housing in the DC-metropolitan area and transportation to the location of your employment.
- You are:
- Mission Driven. Here at Headfirst we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
- A Positive Leader. You will be working directly with fellow on-site leadership and headquarters team members, as well as setting the standard of excellence for other seasonal team members.
- Driven by the Details. You love organization and planning ahead and know that being effective in your role is tied to remembering the minor details.
- Good with Technology. Familiarity with Salesforce and/or Campsite is a plus, but far more important than previous experience with any one system is the willingness to learn new systems.
- A Coachable, Motivated Teammate. You know what it means to go above and beyond the call of duty.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top