Multi-Sport Program Leader, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2020-2229
The Multi-Sport Program Leader is passionate about both sports and education, and actively works during the summer to facilitate growth in our campers and counselors. Reporting to the Assistant Director - Programming, the Multi-Sport Program Leader will produce transformative experiences through our curriculum, encouraging every camper to build character through the lens of sports instruction.
What You'll Do:
- Take Sports to the Next Level. Through our curriculum we offer a wide variety of sports and games, and you can transform any experience into an opportunity for growth. While expertise on all offered sports is not required, you are not afraid to dive in and learn new things.
- Think Strategically. Our curriculum is what sets us apart, and you naturally look for ways to innovate and improve what we develop. By working closely with our headquarters team, you anticipate issues before they occur as well as appropriately communicating pitfalls along the way.
- Care for All Campers. Due to the wide variety of ages and interests, every camper has different criteria to set them up for success. Working with your counselors, you will ensure that each camper has a personalized and impactful experience utilizing sports to guide them through the best day ever, every day.
- Support your Team. You will work directly with all Multi-Sport Counselors, providing feedback and direction, as well as mitigating any issues that arise. You will provide guidance on developing the skill of sports instruction, encouraging your counselors to develop throughout the summer.
- Train Your Team. Facilitation of training is an essential element of your role. You will use Headfirst provided resources to train your staff on expectations, roles, responsibilities and best practices to ensure the productivity, engagement and overall job satisfaction of your team.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have completed at least three (3) years at an accredited undergraduate institution or have equivalent educational experience.
- You have one (1) year of relevant professional experience working with children, preferably in an educational setting.
- You are mission-driven. Here at Headfirst, we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere, and we want you to be too.
- You lead by example. By balancing the composure, integrity, clarity and empathy necessary to act as a positive influence on your team and Headfirst as a whole, you are a natural leader who works with a sense of urgency and commitment necessary to achieve our business objectives.
- You are solution-oriented. You thrive in an environment that pushes you to think outside of the box, working with your team to brainstorm and innovate for all obstacles you face.
- You are an agile and strategic problem-solver. You understand that as a business grows, its practices, processes and policies may need to as well, and you’re not afraid to innovate with a collaborative approach.
What You'll Gain:
- Coaching & Professional Development Skills. You will be the guide and leader for your program and will provide your team of counselors with valuable feedback to improve what they do, every day.
- Curriculum Implementation. Together, we aim to unlock the personal best in every child, and through our experiential, research-based curriculum you will gain experience in educational instruction and facilitation.
- Logistics & Operations Experience. Being the lead isn’t for everyone, but by managing your own program you will be responsible for managing the moving pieces of materials and curriculum elements with our in-house operations team.
- Working with a Diverse Team. Our team ranges from first-time educators to seasoned professionals, and through exposure to these unique groups you will gain experience working with all types.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top