Multi-Sport Program Leader, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2019-1957
The Multi-Sport Program Leader for Headfirst Summer Camps will work on-site at our Oakton, Virginia location as the leader of our Multi-Sport programming for rising Kindergarten through 5th grade. The Multi-Sport Program Leader is passionate about both sports and education, and actively works during the summer to facilitate growth in our campers and counselors. While serving as a role model for their counselors, the Multi-Sport Program Leader will produce transformative experiences through our curriculum, encouraging every camper to build character through the lens of sports instruction. The Multi-Sport Program Leader will serve as the on-site expert for sports curriculum, encouraging campers to challenge themselves through dynamic skill-building drills and activities.
What You'll Do:
- Take Sports to the Next Level. Through our curriculum we offer a wide variety of sports and games, and you can transform any experience into an opportunity for growth. While expertise on all offered sports is not required, you are not afraid to dive in and learn new things.
- Think Strategically. Our curriculum is what sets us apart, and you naturally look for ways to innovate and improve what we develop. By working closely with our headquarters team, you anticipate issues before they occur as well as appropriately communicating pitfalls along the way.
- Care for All Campers. Due to the wide variety of ages and interests, every camper has different criteria to set them up for success. Working with your counselors, you will ensure that each camper has a personalized and impactful experience utilizing sports to guide them through the best day ever, every day.
- Support your Team. You will work directly with all Multi-Sport Counselors, providing feedback and direction, as well as mitigating any issues that arise. You will provide guidance on developing the skill of sports instruction, encouraging your counselors to develop throughout the summer.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have:
- Completed at least three (3) years at an accredited undergraduate institution.
- Housing in the DC-metropolitan area and transportation to the location of your employment.
- CPR & First Aid Certification or ability to complete CPR & First Aid Certification prior to June 1st, 2019.
- You are:
- Mission Driven. Here at Headfirst we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
- A Positive Leader. You will be working directly with fellow on-site leadership and headquarters team members, as well as setting the standard of excellence for other seasonal team members.
- Driven by the Details. You love organization and planning ahead and know that being effective in your role is tied to remembering the minor details.
- A Coachable, Motivated Teammate. You know what it means to go above and beyond the call of duty.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top