Multi-Sport Counselor, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2020-2316
- Washington, DC
Our Multi-Sport curriculum uniquely combines sports and education to facilitate growth in our campers throughout the course of the summer. The Multi-Sport Counselors will work closely with the Multi-Sport Program Leader, focusing on building connections with their camp group and taking personal responsibility for each camper’s well-being, enjoyment, and development.
We have positions open at the following locations: Mater Dei (Bethesda, MD), Episcopal High School (Alexandria, VA). Flint Hill Lower School (Oakton, VA), Catholic University (NE, DC), St. Albans & National Cathedral School (NW, DC), and St. Patrick's (NW, DC).
What You'll Do:
- Take Sports to the Next Level. Through our curriculum we offer a wide variety of sports and games, and you can transform any experience into an opportunity for growth. While expertise on all offered sports is not required, you are not afraid to dive in and learn new things.
- Care for Campers. You work directly with campers throughout the summer and are responsible for allowing campers to develop their learning through hands-on exploration. With the help of your Multi-Sport Program Leader, you will work to bring the best out of every camper throughout the summer.
- Take on the Challenge of the Day. You will be responsible for your group of campers, always keeping their emotional and physical safety as your top priority. Due to the wide variety of abilities and interests captured in our Multi-Sport program, you understand the importance of individualized coaching and personal attention
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have:
- Graduated from high school – or have equivalent educational experience. (If you are still in high school, please apply for our Junior Counselor role
- You have a background in athletics and possess a basic knowledge in sports and show a commitment to learn the Multi-Sport curriculum to understand the skills and rules of the games being played during the camp day. Prior experience coaching children is preferred.
- Housing in the DMV area and transportation to the location of your employment.
- You are:
- Caring and supportive and enjoy working with children ages 5-12 as you guide them on their developmental journey. In times of angst, you remain patient, dependable, and exude a fun-loving approach to the experience.
- Mission Driven. Here at Headfirst we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
- A Positive Leader. You will be working directly with fellow on-site leadership and headquarters team members, as well as setting the standard of excellence for other seasonal team members.
- A Coachable, Motivated Teammate. You are a down-to-earth individual who has the desire and capacity to grow through experience, challenging yourself to go above and beyond the call of duty.
What You'll Gain:
- Coaching & Professional Development Skills. You will gain an opportunity to network with like-minded individuals while gaining translatable resume-building skills to take you to the next step towards your career goals. At Headfirst, we take care of our All-Star teammates and will remain a resource for letters of recommendations, networking opportunities, and future career support throughout your professional journey.
- Adaptive Thinking. Thinking on the fly? You’ll get that at Headfirst – whether it’s adapting a project or knowing when to use a name-game, you’ll be best in class when it comes to thinking on your feet.
- Facilitation Skills. As a counselor, you bring the program to life! Through our curriculum, campers get exposure to everything from conservation to sports skills, and you’re their superhero for doing it.
- A Team like Family. There’s something about camp that brings people together. Here you’ll get to meet new friends, while forging stronger bonds with people you know.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top