Multi-Sport Counselor, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2020-2224
Our Multi-Sport curriculum uniquely combines sports and education to facilitate growth in our campers throughout the course of the summer. Reporting to the Multi-Sport Program Leader, Multi-Sport Counselors focus on building connections with their camp group and taking personal responsibility for each camper’s well-being, enjoyment, and development.
What You'll Do:
- Take Sports to the Next Level. Through our curriculum we offer a wide variety of sports and games, and you can transform any experience into an opportunity for growth. While expertise on all offered sports is not required, you are not afraid to dive in and learn new things.
- Care for Campers. You work directly with campers throughout the summer and are responsible for allowing campers to develop their learning through hands-on exploration. With the help of your Multi-Sport Program Leader, you will work to bring the bring the best out of every camper throughout the summer.
- Contribute to the Community. As a counselor with Headfirst Summer Camps, you are part of something larger than yourself, and you thrive as part of a team. You know how your actions can directly impact everyone around you and are constantly looking for ways to build up your fellow counselors.
- Take on the Challenge of the Day. You will be responsible for your group of campers, always keeping their emotional and physical safety as your top priority. Due to the wide variety of abilities and interests captured in our Multi-Sport program, you understand the importance of individualized coaching and personal attention
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have graduated from high school or have equivalent educational experience. (If you are still in high school, please apply for our Junior Counselor role).
- You are mission-driven. Here at Headfirst, we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere, and we want you to be too.
- You are curious, flexible and ever-learning. You constantly seek out new ways to improve the Headfirst camper experience and your own contributions to it through continued refinement of your knowledge, skills & abilities.
- You are a self-starter. By approaching daily hurdles head on, you face every day with a natural sense of urgency and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- You are a coachable and motivated teammate. You are a down-to-earth individual who has the desire and capacity to grow through experience, challenging yourself to go above and beyond the call of duty.
What You'll Gain:
- Adaptive Thinking. Thinking on the fly? You’ll get that at Headfirst – whether it’s adapting a project or knowing when to use a name-game, you’ll be best in class when it comes to thinking on your feet.
- Facilitation Skills. As a counselor, you bring the program to life! Through our curriculum, campers get exposure to everything from conservation to sports skills, and you’re their superhero for doing it.
- Exposure to a Professional Environment. So, we’re a little picky. We expect a lot of our team but give you as much in return through consistent feedback, fair expectations and values-based incentives.
- A Team like Family. There’s something about camp that brings people together. Here you’ll get to meet new friends, while forging stronger bonds with people you know.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top