Junior Counselor, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2020-2214
Our programs range from Multi-Sport to STEM with everything in between, and our Junior Counselors are team players who are willing to work in any program as needed. While there may be opportunities to specialize in a particular camp program throughout the summer, our Junior Counselors are characterized by their dedication, flexibility and willingness to work with campers of all ages and interests. Reporting to the Assistant Director, People & Operations, Junior Counselors are enthusiastic, driven individuals who understand the importance of bringing camp magic to life.
What You'll Do:
- Bring the Magic of Camp to Life. Our curriculum is designed to engage all aspects of the mind, and you contribute to all camp programs with equal levels of enthusiasm and care. By working with campers of all ages, you develop your skills as an educator and leader, learning how to work with a wide variety of personalities and skill levels.
- Care for Campers. By working directly with campers throughout the summer, you are responsible for allowing campers to develop their learning through hands-on exploration. With the guidance of the program management team and specialists, you bring the bring the best out of every camper throughout the summer.
- Contribute to the Community. As a counselor with Headfirst Summer Camps, you are part of something larger than yourself, and thrive as part of a team. You know how your actions can directly impact everyone around you and are constantly looking for ways to build up your fellow counselors.
- Take on the Challenge of the Day. You are responsible for your group throughout the day and will work closely with a program specific counselor to develop your skills in behavior management and instruction, all while holding the emotional and physical safety of your campers as your first priority.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have completed at least two (2) years of high school or have equivalent educational experience and are at least 16 years of age or older as of June 1st, 2020.
- You are mission-driven. Here at Headfirst, we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere, and we want you to be too.
- You are curious, flexible and ever-learning. You constantly seek out new ways to improve the Headfirst camper experience and your own contributions to it through continued refinement of your knowledge, skills & abilities.
- You are a self-starter. By approaching daily hurdles head on, you face every day with a natural sense of urgency and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- You are a coachable and motivated teammate. You are a down-to-earth individual who has the desire and capacity to grow through experience, challenging yourself to go above and beyond the call of duty.
What You'll Gain:
- Adaptive Thinking. Thinking on the fly? You’ll get that at Headfirst – whether it’s adapting a project or knowing when to use a name-game, you’ll be best in class when it comes to thinking on your feet.
- Group Management. Here, you’re more than just a counselor. You will be the role model, superhero and leader for your group of campers by fostering an environment of growth and compassion.
- Exposure to a Professional Environment. So, we’re a little picky. We expect a lot of our team but give you as much in return through consistent feedback, fair expectations and values-based incentives.
- A Team like Family. There’s something about camp that brings people together. Here you’ll get to meet new friends, while forging stronger bonds with people you know.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top