Intern: Video Analysis, Feedback, & Communications: 2020-2268
- Washington, DC
The Video Analysis, Feedback & Communications Intern will work primarily at the Washington, D.C. headquarters office of The Headfirst Companies. The Video Analysis, Feedback, & Communications Intern will contribute to the operational and customer experience success of the Professional Sports Camps Division and its programs operated in partnership with the Atlanta Braves, Boston Red Sox, Chicago Cubs, D.C. United, Atlanta Falcons, Pittsburgh Pirates, New York Yankees, and Washington Nationals. The Video Analysis, Feedback, & Communications Intern will produce hitting analyses and scouting reports for campers attending our youth camps run by Headfirst Professional Sports Camps. The Intern will also serve as a central point of contact with customers via phone and email by responding to enrollment inquiries, addressing and resolving parent questions, requests, and needs, while delivering a high-touch customer service experience. The successful candidate will possess a strong baseball or softball background, a desire to learn the details of every Headfirst Professional Sports Camps curriculums, and the exceptional written and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively serve as a brand ambassador for The Headfirst Companies across multiple platforms and camp experiences.
What You'll Do:
- Analyze the hitting mechanics of campers (rising 3rd grade and older) using curriculum and vocabulary designed specifically for our camp program.
- Deliver professional, camper-specific hitting analysis videos and scouting reports to camper families via email with constructive and detailed yet concise feedback in keeping with the vocabulary and practices of our MLB Camps curriculum.
- Deliver professional, camper-specific scouting reports to camper families via email with constructive and detailed yet concise feedback in keeping with the vocabulary and practices of our baseball, soccer, and football curricula.
- Manage video and scouting report volume to ensure content is delivered to familes within outlined deadlines.
- Track and frequently update the professional sports camps team on project status and finished products.
- Conduct proactive enrollment and customer experience calls for both enrolled and prospective camp families.
- Communicate with on-site leadership weekly to discuss the progress of weekly video recordings and scouting reports.
- Manage inbound enrollment and customer service inquires via e-mail and phone, providing high-touch service and resolving all customer questions and issues, working with camp leadership to resolve any on-site cases. Track customer data and requests through Salesforce.com and other customer systems.
- Take on additional responsibilities & tasks as identified or requested by Headfirst leadership.
- Completed at least your freshman year at an accredited undergraduate institution, with completion or pursuit of an undergraduate degree in business, sports management, communications, marketing, public relations, digital studios, or other related field preferred.
- High level baseball or softball experience, and/or team managerial experience preferred.
- Experience coaching and/or analyzing hitting mechanics viewed favorably.
- Preferred: experience using Coaches Eye, or other video analysis software.
- A solution-oriented individual who shares The Headfirst Companies’ core mission and values, and believes in our ability to work together to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults.
- A motivated self-starter who is autonomous and dependable.
- A entrepreneurial executor who takes pride in doing what it takes to get the job done, and done well, every day.
- An independent thinker who assumes responsibility beyond what is asked, and takes initiative for positive change.
- A consummate professional who possesses the ability to prioritize and multi-task, managing several projects concurrently, sometimes under pressure, and often with tight deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- A positive, high-EQ team player who approaches professional hurdles with a strong sense of individual responsibility and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- A humble and enthusiastic leader who possesses the passion and polish to serve as an ambassador of The Headfirst Companies.
- A flexible, coachable, and down-to-earth teammate who has the desire and capacity to grow through self-reflection, and by both providing and receiving thoughtful, constructive performance feedback.
The Headfirst Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers
Back to top