Intern, Operations & Third Party Relations: 2020-2267
- Alexandria, VA
The Operations & Third-Party Relations Intern will work primarily on-site at the Headfirst Summer Camps location - Episcopal High School in Alexandria, VA, with some work from the Washington, DC headquarters of the Headfirst Companies early in the camp season. The Intern will be essential for the operational execution and success of the programs operated by and in conjunction with Headfirst at Episcopal, including third-party relationship management, on-site operational support, equipment and material preparation, inventory requests and tracking, as well as logistics coordination. The successful candidate will have a focus on creating best-in-class camp and customer operations experience.
What You'll Do:
- Live on the Episcopal High School campus from the beginning through end of the Summer 2020 camp season.
- Be on campus at all times while third-party groups are present, with the exception of limited times planned in advance.
- Act as the point of contact for all third-party communication at Episcopal High School and respond promptly and professionally to all third-party questions and requests.
- Communicate any escalated, highly sensitive third-party issues to your direct supervisor for the summer.
- Maintain a communication log of every call/request from third party groups, including the time it took to complete the request and the outcome/solution.
- Attend Headfirst pre-camp trainings in the early summer, as well as any additional in-season trainings as requested.
- Assist Headfirst Core programs as necessary.
- Successfully completed your freshman year at an accredited undergraduate institution.
- Experience working with operations, logistics, event management, or other related experience.
- Preferred: Pursing an undergraduate degree in business, sports management, operations, or other related field.
- A solution-oriented individual who shares The Headfirst Companies’ core mission and values and believes in our ability to work together to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults.
- A motivated self-starter who is autonomous and dependable.
- An entrepreneurial executor who takes pride in doing what it takes to get the job done, and done well, every day.
- An independent thinker who assumes responsibility beyond what is asked and takes initiative for positive change.
- A consummate professional who possesses the ability to prioritize and multi-task, managing several projects concurrently, sometimes under pressure and often with tight deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- A positive, high-EQ team player who approaches professional hurdles with a strong sense of individual responsibility and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- A humble and enthusiastic leader who possesses the passion and polish to serve as an ambassador of The Headfirst Companies.
- A flexible, coachable, and down-to-earth teammate who has the desire and capacity to grow through self-reflection and by both providing and receiving thoughtful, constructive performance feedback.
The Headfirst Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers
Back to top