Intern, Marketing: Customer Experience & Communications: 2020-2266
- Washington, DC
The Intern: Marketing, Customer Experience & Communications will work at the Headfirst Companies Headquarters in Northwest D.C. You will serve as a Headfirst Companies Brand Ambassador for our customers through phone, email, and in-person communication. Responsibilities for this role will include handling camper enrollment inquiries, as well as responding to parent questions, requests, and concerns through elite customer experience. You will work with leadership on-site and at our Headquarters to ensure customer needs and requests are met, owning the entire process from initiation to completion. You are an ambassador for the Headfirst Summer Camps and Headfirst Professional Sports Camps - Customer Experience team, dedicated to bringing our brand to life by delivering only the highest level of customer experience. The Intern: Marketing, Customer Experience & Communications is a dynamic communicator and proactive problem solver, knowing that maximizing our camper experience is at the heart of what we do.
What You'll Do:
- Anticipate Roadblocks and Detours. You will serve as the first interaction of brand experience for our parents, and you will be the person who knows our families the best. You anticipate how something as small as ensuring a camper is in a particular group with a buddy impacts their entire day, and work to proactively problem-solve issues as they arise.
- Build Connections - You will be the main point of contact for all of our camp families and having the ability to anticipate their every need will allow you to deliver first class customer service.
- Communicate Professionally. Our parents and camper families are unique, and we know that it takes a certain attention to detail and level of care for each camper to achieve their personal best. You are there to live our mission by celebrating successes and work through each camper’s individual needs as they arise to ensure we are meeting the standard of excellence promised to all Headfirst families.
- Spread the Word. You know that our thorough and detailed parent communication is what sets us apart, and you are committed to only giving your best every day. You’ll use your firsthand experience executing customer-facing communication via phone, email, and in-person to connect with Headfirst families and bring the joy of summer camp to every interaction.
- Organize, Not Agonize. We will host over 10,000 campers this summer across our six sites and you’ll be instrumental in handling the details of connecting those 10,000 unique experiences to the family members who entrust their children to our care. Additionally, you will help welcome our new families with phone calls prior to their first day, and follow up after their last week of camp to close out the experience.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have:
- Completed at least three (3) years at an accredited undergraduate institution.
- The availability and willingness to work full-time from late-May (exact start date may be flexible) to mid- to late-August.
- Experience in a retail or customer-facing role.
- You are:
- Mission Driven. Here at Headfirst we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
- A Positive Leader. You will be working directly with fellow on-site leadership and headquarters team members, as well as setting the standard of excellence for other seasonal team members.
- Driven by the Details. You love organization and planning ahead and know that being effective in your role is tied to remembering the minor details.
- Tech Savvy. Familiarity with Salesforce & Campsite is a plus, but far more important than previous experience with any one system is the willingness to learn new systems.
- A Coachable, Motivated Teammate. You know what it means to go above and beyond the call of duty.
- A solution-oriented individual who shares The Headfirst Companies’ core mission and values, and believes in our ability to work together to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults.
- A motivated self-starter who is autonomous and dependable.
- A entrepreneurial executor who takes pride in doing what it takes to get the job done, and done well, every day.
- An independent thinker who assumes responsibility beyond what is asked, and takes initiative for positive change.
- A consummate professional who possesses the ability to prioritize and multi-task, managing several projects concurrently, sometimes under pressure, and often with tight deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- A positive, high-EQ team player who approaches professional hurdles with a strong sense of individual responsibility and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- A humble and enthusiastic leader who possesses the passion and polish to serve as an ambassador of The Headfirst Companies.
- A flexible, coachable, and down-to-earth teammate who has the desire and capacity to grow through self-reflection, and by both providing and receiving thoughtful, constructive performance feedback.
The Headfirst Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers
Back to top